Bs7671 2015 Paper Vs Digital

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You need to request a new password then use that.

The system went down on Monday, the first day it went live with the new regs, and it seems like you need a new password to get on.

I rung them to find out the score.

Just trying to help...

Its going well then this digital malarkey :| I noted sidewinders dissatisfaction on the iet forum ;)

Comes down to this for me... I can't afford it! Digital that is....

I'd rather stump up for a bit of wood pulp that will hopefully be valid for the next 3 years then re assess my situation then.

I guess this whole subscription thing is about predicting numbers, It stinks IMO. is the IET an NPO or PLC?

Just thinking that they would contact me to say when it was going live/dead

Ho hum.....technology eh?
Kerch, I think its a security thing, I had to contact them after trying which they expected me to do, they then check your login details and allow you access.They then emailed and said try it now and it was fine.

Last edited by a moderator:
Right, typed address in instead of following the link

Loaded in about 5 seconds on ipad

Straight to page with yellow and green covers

Search appeared to work BUT the links only went to the Green book versions of the GNs and OSG

When you go to the old GNs and OSG they are the older versions

Am i missing something somewhere?

Right, typed address in instead of following the link

Loaded in about 5 seconds on ipad

Straight to page with yellow and green covers

Search appeared to work BUT the links only went to the Green book versions of the GNs and OSG

When you go to the old GNs and OSG they are the older versions

Am i missing something somewhere?
Nope, the only thing that is "yellow" @ the moment is the regs, everything else, is, to follow...

Well a online only version is **** all use to me...tree death version it is

Last edited by a moderator:
Nope, the only thing that is "yellow" @ the moment is the regs, everything else, is, to follow...
Yes had email today saying they are aware that the new system is not fully functional and that it will be improved greatly and bugs will be ironed out and they are sure it will be as good as the bookshelf.

Finished with please continue to use both until the new system is 100% functional.

I got the impression its not launched officially yet based on the email and that people were given links to site try it.

It may well be Steve, and, you could well have had an email.

I'm no longer on their Xmas card list!  :slap

As they are no longer using the Bookshelf system for the new amendment then I have no choice other than to use the new platform.

Now I know that I have until June to comply, but I am extremely busy, I also have a new access platform to learn.

It is very different to Bookshelf.

Which is very book oriented.

Which I liked.

The trouble with Bookshelf is that it not sufficiently stable.

When, it works, it works well.

This new platform is no where near like a book.

There are no pages.

Each Chapter is one big page, all the text just blurs into one.

The search works OK, but, it is not totally clear as to which book etc. the results are in immediately.

The forward & back system is very poor.

It seems to be frames driven, I think, but I'm no http programmer.

It was totally unavailable for the first two days.

It crashes on my iPad.

The offline system is simply inadequate.

If it is still in beta i'd be asking for my money back no way on this earth you have to pay to find bugs in their shitty web app. Should have been custom software not web based.

Latest posts