BSI self cert scheme

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blue Fox

Reaction score
Hello all,

Just hot my reminder through to renew my membership with ELECSA but thought I would have a quick look round and have a think about it before just rejoining with them again and was looking for the BSI scheme but it doesn't appear on the website anymore. Have they stopped doing it?

Hello all,Just hot my reminder through to renew my membership with ELECSA but thought I would have a quick look round and have a think about it before just rejoining with them again and was looking for the BSI scheme but it doesn't appear on the website anymore. Have they stopped doing it?
Still doing it well I hope they are as I am still paying.

To be honest I dont know, what I would say is try and find the best deal out there at this moment in time.

I have always been with the NICEIC but I think I may change given the fact that its more a " I thought they where best" but are infact useless at giving any kind of support, sort of thing.

( I bet I get kicked out soon) :)

Look at it like insurance for your van go for the cheapest quote, giving you the best deal.

In the end if its just for part P any will do.

To be honest I dont know, what I would say is try and find the best deal out there at this moment in time.I have always been with the NICEIC but I think I may change given the fact that its more a " I thought they where best" but are infact useless at giving any kind of support, sort of thing.

( I bet I get kicked out soon) :)

Look at it like insurance for your van go for the cheapest quote, giving you the best deal.

In the end if its just for part P any will do.
Hi Hornet,

Yeah thats exactly what I was thinking and why I was looking around but there scheme doesn't appear on there website any more, that will only leave us with 3 left, and I can't go Napit as not done 2391 yet - keep meaning to get round to it but still not done it yet and its one of the things they demand, I did the 2392 and meant to do the 2391 last year guess I'll do it this year. Is a shame though as there scheme looks about the best.

Hi Hornet,Yeah thats exactly what I was thinking and why I was looking around but there scheme doesn't appear on there website any more, that will only leave us with 3 left, and I can't go Napit as not done 2391 yet - keep meaning to get round to it but still not done it yet and its one of the things they demand, I did the 2392 and meant to do the 2391 last year guess I'll do it this year. Is a shame though as there scheme looks about the best.
I think they allow 12 months for you to do the 2391, but even then agree to re register you even though you have not done the 2391.

Apache will find the posts for you about this very subject.

One of the members here got himself re registered with Nappit even though he did not complete the 2391 in the time scale they asked.

Thanks Batty, How did you find that, I was on there for 20 mins and couldn't find it, are they any good? I suppose you must think so or you wouldn't be registered with them. I like the kite mark thing, could be a good selling point for customers.

if your defecting from elecsa they will be more than happy with that 2391 or not, they were with me. (although still not offically joined still getting paperwork in place). And they wont require a assessment until your elecsa assessment is due.

Thanks Wozz, My Elecsa assesment is due very soon, forgot all about it until the reminder letter came today - never got an initial letter from them!

my renewal and assessment have ended up about 5 months apart, die to cock ups on my part. i believe the niceic offered me free membership till my next assessment was due, so in effective i would get six months free part p. but i wont be taking them up on it, when ive got a copy of the assessment sheet i will be joining napit.

Thanks Batty, How did you find that, I was on there for 20 mins and couldn't find it, are they any good? I suppose you must think so or you wouldn't be registered with them. I like the kite mark thing, could be a good selling point for customers.
I find them fine never had any problems.

Latest posts