Buddy Call system (NOT nurse call)

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Home for the terminally bewildered, one step ahead
Anybody had any dealings with these?

it is NOT a call system to a central station. If a resident has difficulty they initiate a call and a display in each residents room indicates where the call initiated and another resident will go to assist.

tye system has gone t!ts up and nobody knows anything about it

initially installed by Taylor Electronic System Engineers of bolton.    ( they would also appear to have installed the TV system )

there is no name on any of the kit and all I have is these pics

just looking to identify it and ( hopefully) find someone who can fix it

IMG_4499.JPGIMG_4501.JPGIMG_4503.JPGIMG_4504.JPG

There's is indeed....and then some !

most looks like factory built then there is a bit of veroboard added in top,left corner

no paperwork , drawings etc

White box at bottom is a battery backup......doesn't look like it has ever seen a battery!

took three hours to find the control,box!.....it's a good customer BUT I don't want to get involved, I think it needs a new one completely; it ain't on my pay scale,

I presume you searched  Taylor Electronics   ??     Theres a few results on Google . 

Worst case is  base a new system on the existing wiring  .  

Last edited by a moderator:
UPDATE

management company has got someone to go,out to it today

he reckons that the panel I have found is for the door entry system!!

its a bloody complicated panel for a system that is voice only front door to,each of 36 flats!

even back in the 70s Entryphone only needed 4 common wires, call wire to each flat, PSU and a door release unit. All electronics was in front door panel.   I have a load of original spares somewhere....must eBay them

I await the outcome of their visit