c&g 2391

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

th3pony

Reaction score
i am thinking of taking my 2391, i live in manchester any advice on the best place to do it + can i still do it i heard someone saying its not available anymore and as usual has been replaced with something else

Yes, the 2394 and the 2395.

You need them both IF you

want to do periodics.

Yes, the 2394 and the 2395.You need them both IF you

want to do periodics.
Technician

Where did you hear that? Most training organisations are stating 2394 covers initial verification and 2395 covers periodics, however a few are now saying that 2394 won't be required if you take 2395 first!!! Not sure how true this is. I was going to speak to C&G as it isn't clear. All i do know is that the online multiple choice part of these quals only needs to be sat once so if you pass it on the 2394 you won't need to retake it for 2395, its only the written/practical exams that differ.

Mark

2394 has replaced the old 2392 and is now level 3 not level 2 as the 2392 was. 2394 concentrates on initial verification (single phase), 2395 on periodics (& includes 3 phase). The multiple choice part is common to both so if you've passed it once you don't need to do it again.

2395 still has a written exam & the practical is based on the old 2391 periodic inspection (assessment 4).

OK, if you want to do PIRs not only do you need the bits of paper, but you also need experience,

this means years, not days or weeks, competence can, and will, be based upon your experience alongside your paper qualifications,

so in order to do periodics properly you will be expected [by your peers in court] to have not only the relevant C&Gs but also to have been mentored by an experienced electrician for a period of not less than 5 years IMHO

HTH