Can it be possible ??

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Its probably an age thing , Lostit, there are a few classics from a previous generation which I tend to assume everyone has seen on TV .All B+W

A Wonderful Life. James Stewart .

Angels with Dirty Faces. James Cagney.

Casablanca. Humphrey Gocart.

Now Voyager. Bette Davis.

Psycho. Hitchcock.

Reach for the Sky Kenneth Moore

The Dam Busters

The Longest Day

Not so old one was a master class in the art of acting by Richard Attenbourgh and John Hurt in 10 Rillington Place.
I have only seen 'Psycho'

:|

A Wonderful Life. James Stewart .

Angels with Dirty Faces. James Cagney.

Casablanca. Humphrey Gocart.

Now Voyager. Bette Davis.

Psycho. Hitchcock.

Reach for the Sky Kenneth Moore

The Dam Busters

The Longest Day
cant remember watching any of those...

There are some other films that I will periodically revist. The Alamo, Slapshot, Take the Money & Run & the Deerhunter are a few & I always seem to enjoy them.

Not heard of Take the money and Run TBH. As I said it must be an age thing not to have seen the one I mentioned.
Take the Money etc. is a Woody Allen film. He's one of those people ypu either love or hate.

I agree, he can be funny in small doses but that neurotic persona wears a bit thin after a while.

Its the same with .... Oh ******...Can't remember his name... The American Jewish comedian .... all his material is based on being Jewish .. which is very funny if you are Jewish....soon wears thin if you are not .

Whats his name ?? Anyone ?? Why am I thinking Jackie Chann ,Nawh!

It seems to be the same with black comedians TBH, all they ever talk about is being black, seems to be funny if you happen to be black .

And yet the Indian actors/ comedians in Goodness Gracious Me and The Kumars I thought were funny. Going for an English (Meal) was a classic.

I agree, he can be funny in small doses but that neurotic persona wears a bit thin after a while. Its the same with .... Oh ******...Can't remember his name... The American Jewish comedian .... all his material is based on being Jewish .. which is very funny if you are Jewish....soon wears thin if you are not .

Whats his name ?? Anyone ?? Why am I thinking Jackie Chann ,Nawh!

It seems to be the same with black comedians TBH, all they ever talk about is being black, seems to be funny if you happen to be black .

And yet the Indian actors/ comedians in Goodness Gracious Me and The Kumars I thought were funny. Going for an English (Meal) was a classic.
Jackie Mason?

All black stand-up comics (Chris Rock, Will Smith, Eddie Murphy) all seem like a rip-off of Richard Prior - a genius.

as shocked as you deke about the great escape.i've seen all the others you mention but not a wonderful life!? never heard of it either

:eek:
OMG !!! " ZuZu,s petals " " Every time a bell rings ,an Angel gets his wings"

Yeah thats right..Attaboy Clarence "

James Stewart Hollywood classic , my missus loves it . Its on every Christmas.

Some of those old ones are worth watching unless you prefer the shoot'em ups.

I'm sure there are lots of films like that. I've never seen a Harry Potter (is it me or does he look like Anne Robinson in drag?) yes now you mention it, never saw the films tho.! LOL.movie & never watched any Star Wars films after the original as I thought it was carp.
never saw any star wars, not my genre.

ive never watched it either....load of rubbish for old soldiers in smelly cardigans smoking roll ups
PRATTwhat about escape to victory? didnt everyone watch that at school?

personally, as a kid I loved "convoy" , musta watched that hundreds of times.......

rubber duck, 10-10.

10-4 good buddy. You are coming in in wall to wall and tree top tall. I'm also 10-10 on the side.

10-4 good buddy. You are coming in in wall to wall and tree top tall. I'm also 10-10 on the side.
I actually nagged my mum for a CB after that movie, really got into it, building my own antennae and getting into sidebanders and DXing, went all through my teenage years until work came using up all my free time.

Obviously you didn't mean ssb as that would not be legal for a CB'er (just radio hams). I to did not use AM or SSB and i certainly didn't use low's, mid's or highs at all and no 1/2 or 5/8 wave antenna just a legal 1.65m antenna with a 40ch FM unit. Honest guv.

Obviously you didn't mean ssb as that would not be legal for a CB'er (just radio hams). I to did not use AM or SSB and i certainly didn't use low's, mid's or highs at all and no 1/2 or 5/8 wave antenna just a legal 1.65m antenna with a 40ch FM unit. Honest guv.
sorry, yeah, you had to abide by English law,,,,,,,,

fools.......

where I grew up we were allowed 250cc bikes on L plates, unlimited HP. !

anyhow,

back to the flicks,

I thought it was law to watch the great escape just after Xmas dinner?