can somone check this diagram

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great minds aye Patch lol

:^O ........ so really theres no prob with them being on a 13A plugtop fuse ?? as its only drawing 13.04A and that fuse wont think of blowing till about 18-20A or is it more to do with it heavily loading one part of the ring?

:p

Great minds aye Patch lol :^O ........ so really theres no prob with them being on a 13A plugtop fuse ?? as its only drawing 13.04A and that fuse wont think of blowing till about 18-20A or is it more to do with it heavily loading one part of the ring?

I'd wait for an electrician to come along, but It's taking up a good chunk of the available amps on a 32A ring or a 20A radial. Also possibly 'unbalance' the ring? Also since water + electricity good way to get tripping as element corrodes and takes ring out too. And safe isolation. And might be nice to plug a light into the sockets to illuminate the dark cupboard/loftspace where the immersion located!

Them's my amateur thoughts!

Great minds aye Patch lol :^O ........ so really theres no prob with them being on a 13A plugtop fuse ?? as its only drawing 13.04A and that fuse wont think of blowing till about 18-20A or is it more to do with it heavily loading one part of the ring?

Check the regs. Little project for you

Fixed equipment + 2 kw and recommendation?

If you had seen the number of burnt out 13A fuse carriers in FCU used on immersion heaters over the years, even if load should be ok, then you would see why a 20 Amp DP switch on a dedicated radial is the best way.

Same with 3.4 kw storage heaters, bandits will replace 20 A DP with a FCU.

Water heaters fitted to storage vessels in excess of 15 litres capacity, or permanently connected heated appliances forming part of a comprehensive space heating installation, should be supplied by their own seperate circuit.

Immersion heaters should be supplied through a switched cord-outlet connection unit complying with BS 1364-4. OSG p161 :^O

Yeah.......Only thing is; they`re MINE!!!!!! (hover your cursor over it if you doubt me!)

Trailer-boyo: You`ve got a lot to answer for
Mate, would be no fun sitting here just watching you drink it!

You know you are a genuine, altruistic person who believes in sharing [ Guinness ] with his friends...............

:D

KME you can keep that dark Irish stuff.

I thought you were a Stella guy!

BTW 24x440 Carlsberg in Te**o

`pache: Scoob to you my friend ;)

Paul - Stella on worknights; Guinness for special......occasions, weekends, etc....

Not a bad supermarket deal, except I prefer bottles to cans - too gassy.

So, this is what happens, eh? First Deke adopts Brian, now everybody wants to pile loads of weird smilies on.......

Nah - you`ve got wine smiler for the wussies, and AD2....then there`s my stuff.

S`okay. As `pache says, I`ll share ;) :) :) :)