CCTV Cable

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
What cable would you recomend for 80m runs to Camera's. We are refitting customers equipment removed from their last site. We ran the last lot on a mixture of co-ax and cat 5 with balums as the job got altered. I havent done much of this work as one of out guys that has left delt with it.

I was told that you can run shotgun coax upto 100m and it'd be ok,,, don't know if I'd like to try it though;)

---------- Post Auto-Merged at 00:30 ---------- Previous post was made at 00:29 ----------

What type of cameras are they, fixed or PZT?

rg59 can be run generally to about 300 metres with out too much issue but i go with about about 250 metres, i did a school recently that i used a rg59 and ran it about 210m and it worked fine make sure gr59 is kept away from 3 phase as far as possible. ;) if its ptz dome i always go for the data on screened beldon cable, but if pn tilt zooms cameras with motors then us a mutlicore from the control box to the camera head and put any wiring to the camera head through 32/25mm copex/flexi conduit oh and run 2 copexs to camera head one with mains cables the other with data and video cables. it saves the copex being so crammed.

fibre cable would be ideal. may not make alot if you need training and tools. but youll have it all for the next job and make a killing

Latest posts