cctv colour domes

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sparkyt

Reaction score
can anybody reccomend a half decent colour i/r dome to be used internal with 3-4mm lens for aprox 150 quid ? going to be used for monitoring a computer room day/night. there are that many on the market i dont know what to choose. i would prefer to go off recomendations instead of just a tech spec. Has anybody used the samsung techwin stuff?

Used quite a few of the Samsung SVD range day\night anti-vandal domes over the years and have been quite impressed with quality on those for the price. Only other Samsung fixed domes I've used have been the basic entry level fixed mini domes for quite a way under your budget and they were reasonable for the price. Also use the SDN cameras as standard on outdoor fixed installations as they are spot on.

Basically don't think you'll go far wrong wit the Samsung cameras in general TBH.

Used quite a few of the Samsung SVD range day\night anti-vandal domes over the years and have been quite impressed with quality on those for the price. Only other Samsung fixed domes I've used have been the basic entry level fixed mini domes for quite a way under your budget and they were reasonable for the price. Also use the SDN cameras as standard on outdoor fixed installations as they are spot on. Basically don't think you'll go far wrong wit the Samsung cameras in general TBH.
thanks for that lurch. are samsung electronics and samsung techwin two different companys i assume? if so which do i stick with? are samsung techwin a rip off of samsung electronics?

can anybody reccomend a half decent colour i/r dome to be used internal with 3-4mm lens for aprox 150 quid ? going to be used for monitoring a computer room day/night. there are that many on the market i dont know what to choose. i would prefer to go off recomendations instead of just a tech spec. Has anybody used the samsung techwin stuff?
As it is going into a computer room check if it can be an IP camera so that it can be viewed from a remote location, also the cost of hd cameras are dropping which allows more picture qaulity for reviewing.

Just a thought.