Cctv

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NozSpark

Seaman stains™
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've got a customer who wants a 16 channel CCTV system installed, the one problem that I have is that he wants 2 remote monitors - both showing different (or some duplicated) cameras

So,,, do I need 2 multiplexers or is there a different option??

^^^^^^

whatever he says,  :D

been helping me loads with my home install, and all good advice,

saved me from wasting my money on something that was a doorstop compared with what I got for the same sort of money,

NO oversell, that I can tell about anyway,  :|

Check out the System Q 'Handyquad'  although its only for 4 cams you could T off any  feeds and with 2 units possibly get 8 pics (would have to work out the wiring) Only costs about £30

As an example, on a recent job, i T'd  off 4 camera feeds before the DVR to take to a separate monitor in a garage reception to show just 4 cams (out of the 8 fitted ;) )  Also  doing this means when accessing the DVR the monitor still shows the live pictures only

Last edited by a moderator:
I think they were looking at using a 32" opposite the tills showing 9 images, a 22" at the door and another 22" in the office to review footage

I replaced a 16 channel DVR today that had a 9 channel multiplexer connected to it,,,, originally it was fed from the DVR, but the new DVR didn't have pass through so I had to connect it through the multiplexer