Check A Trade

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paul b b

Reaction score
I can hear the guns being loaded ready to shoot me down in a blaze of glory!

I know there has been a lot about rated people etc... Just wondering if any one is with check a trade abd if there any good??

Ouch...stop shooting already!!!

I don't like paying money to desk jockeys, but these could be good for business I suppose. I signed upto a similar outfit for PV, and it worked quite well for me.

Each to their own, I have never used them, nor do I know of anyone who has

Having said that there has been a lot of bad press about rated people yet a friend has done very well from them over the last few years and admits they saved him going under over a six month period

Strange thing, I followed a roofing firm's transit which was plastered with logos for every scheme in the world, Safetrades etc .....made me wonder if they were trying that little bit too hard to convince Joe Public TBH.

There is , I promise, in B,ham a building firm who are all Sikhs ..... their van has the legend ... " You tried the cowboys ...now try the Indians" Wonderful.
Deke, a mate of mine told me about that, he couldnt believe it when he saw it!

at least some folks can [in a way] have a laugh at themselves] !

certainly a great tag-line.

There is , I promise, in B,ham a building firm who are all Sikhs ..... their van has the legend ... " You tried the cowboys ...now try the Indians" Wonderful.
I have seen a few like that in London. All the Sikhs i have worked with have been very good tradesmen, the chippies especially

Last edited by a moderator:
Not all though, on job a few years back, Indian client and mostly Indian workers, the guys started cutting sheets of plasterboard into 100mm strips, then nailing them to the stud partitions, making plasterboard laths. They then applied plaster about a 50mm thick coat forcing between laths just like the old days of lime/horse hair etc. It never had any cracks but but must weighed a ton.

Latest posts