CIS Mate Midlands

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

claret73

Reaction score
I apologise, but I've got to jump in the queue & try my arm to find some continuity of work...

I'm 39, live in Birmingham, but willing to travel out of town if needed. Qualified to C&G 2330 L3 2010. 17th edition (need to look at doing my update amendment) Have been working amongst a few Electricians since 2009, mainly Domestic but have had some retail commercial; additions to Power & Data supplies for store concessions.

I'm looking for minimum 2-3 days per week upwards even if it's amongst a few Contractors? May try my luck at getting domestic for myself to plug the gaps, but am not wanting to write off gaining the experience I'm after in Commercial/Industrial which I've been lacking.

Considering looking at funding my own paperwork for 2391/IPaf/JIB Card/17th Update.

Spent most of last year on a new build site, have had a couple of rewires of late. Really looking for somebody who may be able to offer some structure to get me beyond a Mate (caught in a loop amongst so many Improvers) & become useful to their business in the short term as a confident & competent electrician & see where that may take us? I have the right attitude to where I want to get to, what I've done to get here and work with the right ethic. Can provide references from Contractors I'm working with at the moment.

Own Tools, Hand & Power. Test Kit, Own Transport (hoping to trade in car shortly for a Car derived Van).

I realise there are so many Guys looking for what I am. I did take a backseat last few months with this, wondering if I could sustain the few days here & there, but I'm too reluctant to pass the opportunity of finding the elusive break...I've spent too much time & effort getting the grades to Pack it in.

If anybody may have something or would like to at least have a chat, drop me a PM. I'd be happy to have a chat if that's all is on offer to get some advice & direction.

Thanks

Andy

Same here Andy , sorry I can't help , very little work coming in these days.

Can I suggest asking wholesalers if you can display a card at their counter. What part of Brum are you in M8?

Cheers Guys. I know, everybody's in the same boat which is why I'm just hoping to find a couple of days at the least & try my hand at work I know I can confidently take on. I have fallback in the eventuality I hit an issue with a couple of guys if I really need it.

Deke, I've done the wholesalers cards in the past & I had no response. I spent all day driving around Worcestershire dropping off about 30 cards which everybody did let me leave. Will do that again, as maybe I might get something. I'm in South Birmingham, Harborne.

Going to do my 17th Amend & enquire for the 2391. Wished I'd just done it straight after my 2330 in exam mode, but felt even if I passed I don't have enough commercial/Industrial to use it, so held back. Cheers for your replies, I'll let you all know how it goes.

Andy

Construction  industry scheme. It is how you are paid if you work in the construction industry generally you are stopped 20% tax at source buy the contractor.

Latest posts