City and Guilds 2356 (NVQ3) help

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jayv2009

Reaction score
Hey all

was wondering if anybody can help me.

Ive completed the level 2 and 3 city and guilds 2330 and i need to do my site diary now.

Basically i was doing an apprenticeship through city of bristol college, i got put in a job doing nothing more than clipping FP200 to tray and i got a bit ****ed off after 6 months of learning basically nothing.

I said to my assessor that i wanted to leave and he said if i did i would be removed from the apprenticeship frame work and that was that, he didnt really seem to want to help and said things would get better.

Well they never so i left and now im to fund my self :( .

So my question is this how much am i looking at to do the above course and what training providers are there that offer this course to do online ?

Any information apreciated.

Cheerz

Jay

I know that in my local college, we are looking in the region of

yeah im in full time employment within the electrical industry and i have been pretty much since i quit the job. Dont really want to do it through city of bristol college though lol.

Jay

ok so it looks like this year they are stopping the 2330 and 2356 and combining the two into one course. So i need to start my diary soon otherwise ill be screwed. Im starting to really get worried as im quite passionate about my career and enjoy doing what im doing so i really need some help.

Jay

can you do your NVQ3 being self employed? I have passed my lv2 and on with my lv3 now and I want to be self employed again. Not many jobs for electricians advertised but I can get plenty of work from contacts when I work for myself. After my level 3 I believe I can apply to NAPIT and be classed as a class b competent person and they give you 12 months to qualify NVQ3 but how would I be assessed? Domestic installations aren't a problem, I am doing an install in my own double garage using conduit, etc etc for my commercial but it's the industrial that i'm gonna be struggling with!!

Anyone?

any ideas of any online companies that do it through an e portfolio?

the only one i know of is delta training group :(

Jay

I was intending on doing the nvq3 once I'm finished with the 2330 next year, so where will I stand now, will i have to go through the combined course to be classed as an "approved electrician"?