Cooker grill not working

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

meady

Reaction score
Hi people....I have got a double oven and grill which is fan assisted. The top oven/grill has a problem. The oven works fine but the grill is giving off heat but not browning the food like it should.

I know that this is an internal fault and requires an engineer, more than likely resulting in a purchase of a new appliance but I just wondered if there were anyone on here that might know what the internal fault could be, either the heating element etc.

I appreciate any assistance and insight on this problem. I need to get it fixed as the misses is on my back now :-(

Do you have a make and a model number? A new grill element unlikely to be much money. You can buy them online and fit yourself if you fell happy.

I changed a few of my grans electric elements on her cooker over the years - it's easy done.

Cheers lads, thanks for the quick response, I'll take a look on the Internet for a new element.

Hopefully that will give me some peace tonight, until the next drama anyway.

Be careful - it may not be the element. Often there is an over temperature trip in the circuit with a couple of spade terminals attached to it. If this goes the grill won't work. If you can, try and strip the oven to get access to the element and test it with an ohm meter before you order it! If you are very lucky - the over temperature trip may be a resettable type!!!!