cooker isolator

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i work to a high standard but in my place i tend to do temp jobs

that stay temp for far to long

as the old saying goes

the cobblers son goes bare foot

time for bed catch up with you tomorrow

goodnight all

My thoughts are cooker switch should be accessible for easy isolation. In cupboard behind cornflakes etc is not easy accessible.

Batty

Often a debating point, my boys fit them to suit, end of.Unless someone can quote me a regulation?

The Godfather
I am not aware of any specific regulation re cooker switches...

other than the accessible for operation & maintenance stuff...

but there is the general guidance in IEE electricians guidance to building regs.

http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll306/SPECIALLOCATION/KITCHENACCESSORIES.jpg

(ii) states that you should have to lean over hot cooking surfaces to access switch!

personally I am o the same general opinion as Patsparks! :)

fix em to the walls visible and easy to operate. ;)

i dont know where it came from but when i was starting out 30+ years

ago we were always told local visible means of isolation and it has stuck ever since

in the bad old days of the glc inspectors one actually quoted to me as a council

requirment

Would think inside is cupboard wasnt acceptable,isolators should be readily accesible, i always put them above the worktops, hope that helps, dave

Would think inside is cupboard wasnt acceptable,isolators should be readily accesible, i always put them above the worktops, hope that helps, dave
That said there's bound to be a situation where this isn't possible?

'Always' is a very bold statement ;)

Going back some years cooker switches and spurs etc. always seemed to be fitted " On Show" until posh kitchens became the new rock'n'roll with expensive tiling,worktops, appliances.

The customer was then saying they didn't want those dreadful looking switches on show, and spoiling my tiles, hence everything went into the cupboards.

I don't think you will find a Reg. other than Local isolator.

Remaining in my foxhole !!

Deke