Customers

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andy™

©Resident Geordie™
Supporting Member
Reaction score
why do customers think its a good idea to call people at 22.45 asking for quotes to change a light switch?! and then be shocked when you tell them that unless its an emergency requiring a callout, they will have to phone back tomorrow?! and she even admitted she got the same response 5 minutes ago when she phoned a plumber for a quote!

although I agree 10.45 is rather late, when is the best time to call? I would usually try a tradesman early evening - expecting them to be out working in the day. Some local to me have answerphones on all the time.

the best time to call is 5 o clock, i dont answer my phone in the day ..

i have my phone with me all day. sometimes miss a call due to noise and not hearing it, but return call soon as. any time upto about 6.30 would be reasonable

Your still up .. whats the problem:p:p

You could pop round and have it sorted in 10 minutes :D

Guiness Drink

customers probably going to lie awake all night now..... worrying about that switch] :) ]:) \

Guiness Drink

customers probably going to lie awake all night now..... worrying about that switch] :) ]:) \Guiness Drink
aye - it's glowing red hot and smoking but they spoke to an electrician and he said it would wait until morning................

:D

I had a guy phone me a couple of weeks ago at about 14:00 on a sunday wanting me to come round and quote on some work, he sounded suprised when I said I'm round the inlaws having sunday dinner call me again on Monday and I'll arrange to come round and have a look, he did call back and have quoted but heard nothing back, do people wthink we are all on standby waiting for them to call any time 7 days a week.

good excuse to leave the inlaws;) ; \

you missed a trick there Andy !

Guiness Drink

I had a guy phone me a couple of weeks ago at about 14:00 on a sunday wanting me to come round and quote on some work, he sounded suprised when I said I'm round the inlaws having sunday dinner call me again on Monday and I'll arrange to come round and have a look, he did call back and have quoted but heard nothing back, do people wthink we are all on standby waiting for them to call any time 7 days a week.
We are!

:(

but for emergency only. got no interest in taking details for a job to go price at 3am, but if its an emergency then i would go round (or if they really wanted a price for something at 3am, they would be paying for it)

I had that tonight, 8:45pm "what you can't come round right now?", eh nope, "But I work all day" eh yes don't we all, will 6:30pm tomorrow be OK "er yes"

I am sure that most of my customers have the same idea

That i am just sitting by the phone waiting for them to call and my business revolves around them only, and i survive on having only them as my one customer, not needing any others :D