Day/night meter

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoulkillaH

Reaction score
Hello guys!

Today a friend asked me if he can have a E7 meter fitted instead of normal meter.

As far as i know he has to ask the electricity company to do that.Am i right or he should change first the wiring and after to call electricity company?

it is possible to have everything on E7 or just the storage heaters and immersion boilers?

it is a old house and maybe is not wired for day/night meter.

You can get 4 or 5 wire e7 metres. I work for Southern Electric and fit several. 5 wire are used for a separate board supplying only staorage heaters. 4 wire changes everything over to e7.

i need help i am an apprentice electrician my name liam and i am 17 yrs old and struggling with an exam . it is an city and guilds 2330 exam and i am struggling on motors and all tha . any one that can be of help ?

i need help i am an apprentice electrician my name liam and i am 17 yrs old and struggling with an exam . it is an city and guilds 2330 exam and i am struggling on motors and all tha . any one that can be of help ?
Think your post's in the wrong place Liam, welcome to the forum.

If you start a new thread off detailing what you're struggling with I'm sure you'll get all the help you need

You can get 4 or 5 wire e7 metres. I work for Southern Electric and fit several. 5 wire are used for a separate board supplying only staorage heaters. 4 wire changes everything over to e7.
Thank you! I will ask for a 4 wire.

One more question,to be sure, this 4 wire meter will fit on the existing wire?

I don t need any extra wiring?

Yeah they wire the same as any normal single phase meter. Its basically a like for like swap over as far as wiring is concerned.

No extra wiring needed.