DiLog-9083P (17th Addition) Multi-Tester.

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JimG

Reaction score
...........As a heads-up folks,

Bought one of these aro 12mnths ago and have discovered some annoying issues with the tester.

The rotary/function selection switch behaves such that it doesn't always make contact internally, but of course you don't realise this at first!!!

As such, I discovered this whilst 'Auto-Testing' RCD's in a 3-story dwelling - and yes I was on the 3rd floor and the CU was on ground floor !!.

The tester starts, so you run down to the CU only to find the blasted thing has decided not to complete the test's...... it switches itself off?

The tester also screws-up on Loop & Ze mode!

After expressing my annoyance w/DiLog, the rep kind of admitted to a 'known issue' with this switch ........ great - NOT.

They are currently reapairing it under the 2-yr warranty, and have had it for 2-weeks now.

I will be calling again tomorrow to get the thing back.

If you're looking for a new tester you might want to avoid this one!

Rgds,

JimG.

You live in Dover - why didn't you buy a Megger? They are right on your doorstep. :^O :^O

But thanks for the info. ;)

You having same problem as me then - i bought mine in 2007 and didnt have too many probs till i started testing rcbo's - trips them out doing zs tests !!!. rang up dilog and they told me to take it back to the wholesalers to send back to them - over 2 weeks now, apparently they have to send it to seward who make them!!! - theyre customer service is naff - wish id gone for megger now - lol

For the money I thought they were good value but after having a faulty one which had problems first with Rcd tests and then messed up loop tests I swapped it for a Fluke 1652 this I think is also going faulty as some times the display goes blank and the leads seem to be poor.

Batty

:(

For the money I thought they were good value but after having a faulty one which had problems first with Rcd tests and then messed up loop tests I swapped it for a Fluke 1652 this I think is also going faulty as some times the display goes blank and the leads seem to be poor.Batty

:(
i think you know what im goin to say here......

get a megger

Yep ...... I should have gone for a Megger - especially living in Dover ... Do'h.

Spoke w/DilLog today and they've repaired it and now sent it off to Seward for calibration etc. What a dam nuisance. No customer service or commitment at all.

NEVER again.