Do you patch up?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sellers

Reaction score
so once you've chased out a wall, or cut around a noggin. Do you patch up? or save it for the customer to get a plasterer in? or at least make a small attempt to get it how it was.

I dont mind filling chases or around boxes (depends on how many there are) as i sometimes fix the boxes with bonding/hardwall, if i am planning to do this it is put in the quote. Makes it a bit easier if they want to fill it themselves, they usually really appreciate this and it only takes a couple of minutes and costs literally nothing.

It depends on the service you provide and what is included in your original quote.

I have a team of lads who will patch plaster for me, it takes the strain out of doing it myself, is a better finnish than I could do and at the right price.

I hate leaving any domestic customer with more work than when I started, other than the usual decorating which I fully explain before any work starts.

90%+ of the time I patch up .. or offer to patch up if the customer would like me to.

If I know other works are in progress, or due, involving other trades & plasterers I will leave it for other to patch up.

probably half or more of patching is only small areas

and some of the ready mixed rapid setting fillers can be very helpful for a particular application.

:)

so onto the next question as already mentioned, what do you recomend using?

so onto the next question as already mentioned, what do you recomend using?
Peter

I personally use bonding to fill the big bits and then use finish plaster to finish as you can get a good result but it all comes with practice. On solid walls if they are damp you should use sand and strong cement as plaster will never go off and eventually the boxes will rot.

Batty