drawing check please.

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

searley

Reaction score
Have to do this in the AM2 for a lighting circuit we have to use twin & earth from the DB to the first switch and so on can somebody check my drawing to see if it is ok and it will work or if not point me in the right direction.

Only ever done this in singles at college. thanks

two way & inter switch0134.jpg

You've also bypassed the intermediate switch

Have another go while I draw it & scan for you

about as wrong as you can get. to start with, your light will be permantly on (after all, you havent switched anything at switch 1 connections)

and if you operate switch 2, it will go bang

your also best starting at switch 1 and taking feed from switch 2.

basically, neutral goes from switch 1 to 2, and then to light. earth to light, via each backbox. incoming live at switch 1 to common. common at switch 2 is sw. to light. L1 & L2 of switch 1 to L1 & L2 of intermediate. other L1 & L2 of intermediate to L1 & L2 of switch 2. and your done

Thanks this was the way the lad next to me wired his and give me his drawing to copy off.Pleased a never wired mine up now got to wire it in the morning any help would be greatfull.

try`in to find pics on google but every pic is wired different !!!

I have Made Lighting Wiring Diagrams for 1 way 2 way and 3 way (Intermediate). They are in our "Download Area".

You can find them Here:

Wiring Diagrams

thanks admin but i have to take the feed to the first switch don`t want to confuse me sell anymore than i have to.

thanks for the drawing. going with M307 drawing everybody agree ????

Your feed from the DB goes to the common at switch one and Your feed to the switch should come from the common at switch 2, the terminals L1 and L2 are used for the strappers only in this wiring diagram

Last edited by a moderator:
Obviously you would have to sleeve all wire except the brown with a small piece of brown sleeving as they all have the potential to become live.

If coming from and going to a normal ceiling rose the perm live would be from the loop with the switch live going to the 2 screw live block . If in conduit the perm live would go to common then strappers from L1 and L2 the switch live would then come from the second two way switch common terminal.

Last edited by a moderator:
i thought the nut ran from the db to a connecter in the first switch and from there to the light fitting ?

all me books upstairs in me sons room and he`s a sleep can`t get in.****** i have to do the job in twin & earth that is what is throwing me.