ECS gold card for QS through NICEIC

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pewter

Conspiracy Theorist™
Reaction score
Just read the email from NICEIC

Qualified Supervisors can now apply for an ECS gold card through NICEIC.

Under the new agreement a QS with an Approved Contractor business will be able to apply if they have represented the business in 3 consecutive assessments with NICEIC and had a successful outcome on each.

Qualified Supervisors who are not eligible to apply via the 3 assessment option can still apply if the appropriate qualifications criteria are met.

The cost of the card will be £35 + VAT - £5 cheaper than going directly through JIB.  It will be NICEIC branded and include the company name. The card is valid for 3 years.

So are to take it that the NICEIC have once again taken a set of rules and adapted them to suit themselves? Does not the QS have to be equivalent to an Approved status electrician anyhow, or am I totally overthinking the JIB requirements?

Only thing that card is good for is the bin nothing but a bunch of money grabbing self serving union in disguise asshats

I was more qualified than my NICEIC assessor. he suggested that I undertook more training in order to qualify limitations on EICR's.

He was just jealous that I completed all my course and he dropped out after 5 years.I love it and look forward to yearly assessments from regulation readers who know jack all.

I looked at that and thought, brilliant I don't have to go to the golf course!!! 

But after reading the finer points it appears to be much like a Volkswagen extended warranty, expensive toilet paper which will generate income for the charity at the cost of general standards throughout the industry.

It won't be long until employers will be looking for JIB cards and NOT NIC gold cards...

Last edited by a moderator: