Eicr on block of flats

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not how i see it. The communal   areas would not have a lease. 

Commercial is more stringent than domestic

95% of times you would not be told this & would not be able to find out.
At last!!

99% of domestic installers think that domestic is more stringent, probably down to them having to comply with Part P.

Commercial? there are many more regulations to conform to, however this is a dual purpose building. both sets of regulations and restrictions apply.

Well my thoughts are still the same that its commercial.

Saying that, are plastic consumer units acceptable to fit now and not to mention in a EICR 

Good question.  I would say within the communal areas they should also be NC as the point of the regulation is to limit the spread of fire to aid evacuation.  

One of the reasons why the plastic consumer part of the amendment does not apply to commercial premises, is the fact that other safety features are always installed, like fire detection systems for example, and more regular testing and maintenance. There will also be a good chance that the communal area of a block of flats would have at least 30 minute fire protection and the consumer units behind a fire door.

So yes I would say that plastic consumer units could be fit in this instance.