Elecsa Assessment on Weds...!

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
on my first assessment i got picked up on not putting the periodic inspection sticker on the fuseboard. easy to forget, so might be worth checking.

Stoneman, everyone on here gets the jitters ( I did say Jitters didn't I ?) when assessment day looms , including me. I'm with ELECSA too , I'm sure you 'll be fine, don't forget they actually want you to join them!!

If they can see you are competent in the job you'll be OK .

The worst bit is going before the audience of 500 assessors, naked and blindfolded, where you have to connect a 12 way consumer unit while hanging upside down with one hand tied behind your back and the audience hurling semi liquid cow pats at you. :D ;) ; )

I bet you will be back on here Wednesday night saying " Hey I passed the assessment"

Stoneman, everyone on here gets the jitters ( I did say Jitters didn't I ?) when assessment day looms , including me. I'm with ELECSA too , I'm sure you 'll be fine, don't forget they actually want you to join them!! If they can see you are competent in the job you'll be OK .

The worst bit is going before the audience of 500 assessors, naked and blindfolded, where you have to connect a 12 way consumer unit while hanging upside down with one hand tied behind your back and the audience hurling semi liquid cow pats at you. :D ;) ; )

I bet you will be back on here Wednesday night saying " Hey I passed the assessment"
So you had to do one of them assesments too.

My cow pats were cold, some other lad who did it at the same time as me his cow pats were warm, favoritism eh?

Evening Team...

Just a quickie (ooooer) to say thanks for the assessment tips... it all went really well and I passed!!!

It's like being followed by a police car - you think you're doing everything right, but...

Only thing I need to do is take my 17th edition within a year, as I still only have 16th.

Now I need to earn some money & make it pay...

Havin a beer to celebrate!

Applaud Smileycongratulations, I bet you now think like we do!

What the hell was I getting so worried about!!

well done and remember to take on board everything your assesor said, don't take short cuts, they will come back to haunt you, go forth and be proudApplaud Smiley

Only issues were...

I didn't pick up that the bathroom downlights were NOT 'shower rated'

Only got 16th edition

I fitted a wylex duel RCD board - he said I'd be better fitting a board with spaces for non-RCD'd way's. None were needed, but better to provide spare non-RCD'd ways incase they were ever needed. I could see his point, but there no smoke detectors fitted so non-RCD'd ways weren't needed - I think he was just being helpful more than critical

I was asked about permitted zones, drilling joists, switch/socket hights, how to test a ring, how to test an RCD and asked to measure Ze.

All went really well - much better than I thought!

Cheers

but there no smoke detectors fitted so non-RCD'd ways weren't needed
Smokes may still need RCD's to comply with 7671 e.g. cable depth.

Yes I agree, he meant use an rcbo so smokes are independently protected against tripping of other 2 RCD's... There weren't any fitted anyway!

Yes I agree, he meant use an rcbo so smokes are independently protected against tripping of other 2 RCD's... There weren't any fitted anyway!
i can see what he is saying but is it actually a reg?

the regs do state that any circuit tripping should not interefere with any other cicuit, so in theory everything should be rcbo's. but thats very expensive way of doing things.congrats stoneman, i have my elecsa assessment coming up soon got a guy called phil joyce,anyone had him?

I would have thought the first surveylance visit would have been done now too as that was over a year old.

the regs do state that any circuit tripping should not interefere with any other circuit, so in theory everything should be rcbo's. but thats very expensive way of doing things.
Not really, Have you seen the price on the RCBOs that our sponsor sells? I have used them and they were good. Passed the test with flying colours.

They also have cu carcasses too (With main switch), I purchased one and it was an MK.