Electrician/Electrical Technician jobs

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OilBeDamned

Reaction score
NATURAL RESOURCES require Pipefitters, Welders, Platers, Riggers and Electricians (with 'Compex' certificates) for a project in Norway.The project is based on a Petrochemical Refinery and is due to start in January 2009, running for approximately 24 months.

Previous experience working in Norway/Scandinavia would be advantageous but is by no means essential.

To apply, or for more information on the position or any of the other positions that Natural Resources are recruiting for, contact Adam Kissack at Natural Resources via the contact details below.
Oilcareers - Pipefitters, Welders, Platers, Riggers, Electricians - Norway (from Jan '09) - 2 year project - Natural Resources

Plenty other jobs on that website for here and abroad.

Nice one, and a good way to introduce yourself I must say.

It's a long time since I worked on petrochem and didn't need a cert then. I looked up the compex cert and as usual another

Nice one, and a good way to introduce yourself I must say.It's a long time since I worked on petrochem and didn't need a cert then. I looked up the compex cert and as usual another

I take it you are an recruitment agent for such works????Have to say, if I was single I'd be very interested.
No im an Electrical and Instrumentation Supervisor offshore in the North Sea.

Recruitment agents my rule of thumb with them is "If their mouth is moving take it that they are lying"

Oilcareers is what quite a few of us use for jobs as well as the usual word of mouth networks.

Very much needed nowadays in the UK, its about to come in in a big way into the water industry as the HSE are about to deem some types of plant as explosive atmospheres.Thailand anyone? 3 weeks on 3 weeks off?
Thailand! 3 weeks on, 3 weeks stuck in the airport more like! :D

Probably a little late but I have an interview for a job as electronics technician (offshore) in Qatar tommorow, any advice gratefully received!

Probably a little late but I have an interview for a job as electronics technician (offshore) in Qatar tommorow, any advice gratefully received!
Go to bed early... Arrive on time & polish your shoes! :) ;) :D

:^O :^O

Welcome Oliver 1234Guiness Drink

hope it goes well;)

Go to bed early... Arrive on time & polish your shoes! :) ;) :D :^O :^O

Welcome Oliver 1234Guiness Drink

hope it goes well;)
Thanks fro the welcome Special Location, I have been threatening to join this forum ever since Welshy did the Van Gough from the

No im an Electrical and Instrumentation Supervisor offshore in the North Sea.Recruitment agents my rule of thumb with them is "If their mouth is moving take it that they are lying"

Oilcareers is what quite a few of us use for jobs as well as the usual word of mouth networks.
My experince too, they advertise jobs which you apply for, they then call you and tell you that "that one has gone but can we put you forward for this one which is ten grand a year less and bears no resembalance to the one you have applied for"

They then advertise the original job a couple of days later.

The ones I have dealt with are nothing more than pimps.

Hello Oliver,

Welcome to the forum Mate - It's a long time - No see, Mate.

PS. Good Luck with your interview - I am sure you don't need it, but I am offering it to you regardless.

I am sorry OilBeDamned aint online to chat to you. :_|

SCADA etc is where things go right over my head, im just lucky we only terminate it and dont need to design or reprogramme it.Was bad enough help setting up a PMS system.

Take it your going off of DOha if you get the start?

Decent rota?
Thanks for all the replies and well wishes guys!

I have just got back from the interview and to be honest I think it went quite well, I fitted the psysch profile for the job and I passed the logic tests that they applied.

What may hold me back is my lack of offshore experience but they knew that before they flew me out to Qatar and put me in the best hotel I have ever seen!

The rotation is 28/28 but they said that they will be putting me through a lot of training during the first 18 months and that because of the importance of the role I would have to do that training during my off periods though I would get paid extra for this.

The job will be off Qatar but I have no idea what the salary will be, we didn

Oliver - That sounds great, Mate.

But - How are you supposed have experience on rigs when you have never worked on one.

I wish you well and really hope that you get the jobs of your dreams and a huge pay and package that come with a fantastic job like that.

:D

Thanks for all the replies and well wishes guys!I have just got back from the interview and to be honest I think it went quite well, I fitted the psysch profile for the job and I passed the logic tests that they applied.

What may hold me back is my lack of offshore experience but they knew that before they flew me out to Qatar and put me in the best hotel I have ever seen!

The rotation is 28/28 but they said that they will be putting me through a lot of training during the first 18 months and that because of the importance of the role I would have to do that training during my off periods though I would get paid extra for this.

The job will be off Qatar but I have no idea what the salary will be, we didn

Oliver - That sounds great, Mate.But - How are you supposed have experience on rigs when you have never worked on one.

I wish you well and really hope that you get the jobs of your dreams and a huge pay and package that come with a fantastic job like that.

Going for tea breaks, checking the internet broken up by infrequent work breaks.

Its the offshore way.

Going for tea breaks, checking the internet broken up by infrequent work breaks.Its the offshore way.
STOP! X( You are making me jealous.

:p

oilbedamned how does a bog standard electrician with commercial experiance break into this world ? split from the missus and want to try other things, cheers mate