Electrician

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We are a small company which carry out the rewiring of domestic properties which are being totally refurbished. We would be looking to employ an electrician on a self employed basis initially for approx.  two  weeks  just to see how both parties fair. Payment would be on a day work basis and be negotiable depending on your knowledge and work ethic (Because I am new to this forum I am not sure they would like rates of pay displayed, but it would be around the going rate).  

out of interest what do you consider the going rate for domestic work in west london?

posting rates is not an issue and does tend to attract a better response. Rates and charges do get discussed on here occassionally

I was on more than that based at home, PAYE 7 years ago!

Not a London based employer either, the London rates were higher.

That is just taking the piss TBH.

My companies subbie rate is >£150 above that Steps!!!

What the heck is going on with the industry, these rates are absolutely shit, labourers & unskilled workers are getting more than that FFS!

Just started a job as an electricians mate in merseyside @ £9ph. Im fresh out of college though so I think thats fair enough at the moment. All of the electricians jobs that Ive seen advertised are around £12-15ph. Times are tough at the moment so it would take 10+ hour days to make that kind of day rate here.

So much for the £20ph that college told us we would get!

RJY,

Are you talking PAYE or self-employed?

It makes a difference remember.

£20/hr would be a self-employed rate, you would be looking hard to find a domestic install sparks job for £20 per hour PAYE these days, and, it is wrong.

Technicians and Engineers could easily be on £20/hr and above PAYE.

A quick search on the interwebs throws up some real gems. Saw a few min wage....few around £9....All want you to be experienced and have every piece of paper under the sun..

Went to a company in Barnsley other day to enquire about subbing they said £120 a day u pay your travel 80 miles a day and payment was 60 days I said not being funny I can work for agency £14 an hour and get paid weekly and walked out. Some one will work for this though !