Elex Show Bolton

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Better attended than last year, but a few large brands missing. I think many are of the opinion that there are better deals and freebies to be had elsewhere ! So why take a morning off.

I use it as my yearly pen restock as I'm forever leaving them places 🤣

Better attended than last year, but a few large brands missing. I think many are of the opinion that there are better deals and freebies to be had elsewhere ! So why take a morning off.

I use it as my yearly pen restock as I'm forever leaving them places 🤣
I thought it was very quiet and not many people there, very easy to get on the car park next to the venue with no queues

It was busy on Thursday till about 1230 then it thinned out.
Compared to past years it was very quiet throughout the day and a few companies I have got to know over many years were saying the same. Some of the first come first served well publicised give aways I noticed took an hour or more to clear in previous events they would have lasted minutes.
In the past it was a show to get some deals on tools but now the savings are minimal if there are any and people are not buying the way they did
I'm thinking Elex has had it's day, they post a big list of exhibitors and when you get through the door many of them aren't there which can be disappointing if you have gone to particularly see them. Talking to Aico's sales director about 12 - 18 months ago and he told me then that they had pulled out of Elex as the budget could be better spent elsewhere and give more value

I went last year and thought the same, some big brands were missing and while me and an electrician friend of mine found some useful info out, I didn't go back this year. CEF live down at the NEC was pretty good though so may well head down to that again this year.

Latest posts