emergrating

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alpha spark

Reaction score
Any one worked abroad before been thinking of doing it for a while now I realise its a long drawn out process any one recommend best way of doing it don't fancy oz was thinking Canada

Any one been there ?

Let's hope spelling's not a prerequisite then! :) I know NZ was taking trades after the earthquake a couple of years back. Beer's good............

No doubt a similar forum for Canada:

New Zealand

Last edited by a moderator:
Skied there a few times and sisters bf moved over as a plumber. I'll ask him for you

Whatever you do, do not emigrate to Wales there are far too many Yorkshire men there already.

e.mail the embassy and request the requirements of a skilled migrant,

thats how it works for kiwiland anyway,

or simply try google,

most stuff can be found there, its a new fancy interweb thingie thats searches for stuff for you if your too lazy to search for it yourself ;)

I'm in Wales this weekend. Just helping a friend move there though
I take it hes not much of a 'friend' then if you are even helping him move there

a real friend would have talked him out of it,,,,,,,,,,,, :slap
I tried, but his argument that wales was better than his other job offer in Luton was hard to beat.

Plus I can't believe how cheap his rent is!

I suppose that depends on what kind of lady you're spending your money on....

Can girls not rent??? I'm confused

I take it hes not much of a 'friend' then if you are even helping him move there a real friend would have talked him out of it,,,,,,,,,,,, :slap
His friends girlfriend lives there BaaaaBaaaara:slap:slap

His friend is a sheep so it is just one man and his sheep!!!!

He will be the odd one out as most of the Welsh......especially the two i met last week have at least twenty sheep each

default_tongue%20in%20cheek.png

---------- Post Auto-Merged at 22:59 ---------- Previous post was made at 22:55 ----------

I lived and worked in Las Vegas for 3 years........I came back as the country is a bit of a joke, especially the health care

headbang

Saying that if i was to do it again then Canada or the south of France would be my first 2

I travel to Canada every year as i have relations there. About the same time as us there 'Part P' equivalent was introduced, but i understand stricter. You have to have the local qualifications, Uk ones mean nothing. Last year i had a long wait at the airport whilst returning & i got chatting to two sparkies doing some maintenance. They had exactly the same gripes as us about foreign workers undercutting them and no-one taking notice of the laws about who can do what.

My family lives in Toronto & building works are only carried out 8 months a year in Ontario due to the cold weather (It can hit -30, & normally below -15) his own works at his house over run and he had to rent an air conditioned tent that was fitted round the extension so it could be finished

I went to nz on a working holiday visa. When I was there I applied for residency. Very straight forward and quick. No problem s.

Yes took less than three Weeks. Medical then send forms off. As i was already employed under working holiday they just phoned employer. That was it. My girl friend came under my points too.

Indefinite residency. Lived methven 6 months. gisborne 2.5 years. Good times.

Yes took less than three Weeks. Medical then send forms off. As i was already employed under working holiday they just phoned employer. That was it. My girl friend came under my points too.Indefinite residency. Lived methven 6 months. gisborne 2.5 years. Good times.
I did it the hard way, from this end and took the whole family. Lived in Morrinsville, Waikato 3 years and Takapuna, N Shore Auckland 2 years. as you say happy days. Went back 4 years ago and was surprised at the cost of living. Make sure you re apply for residency permiit to be transferred when you get new passports