Estimate / Profit Calculator - Excel Spreadsheet

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jibspark

Electrician
Reaction score
In light of my lack of ability to quote correctly and GH's good business advice i have made a spreadsheet to calculate final profit etc for individual jobs. The workbook has been designed to be used for each job, but you can list several items of work for one particular job.

there are 2 sheets in the workbook, one is the initial calculation, the other is for profit and loss.

could someone give it a dummy run and see if ive missed anything?

it does quite alot, all the formula cells are locked for now, when its finished i will upload it and provide the password. the only reason for locking the cells is to prevent anyone deleting formulas by mistake.

(thanks to AndyC for pointing out the 1st error)

those of you that have been doing this a while will probably think its a waste of time but for us inexperienced sparks it might help. :)

UPDATED FILE ON POST #9

Last edited by a moderator:
I cant get it to work either.

Will give it a go monday when I have the laptop back.

I don't understand why you can't let us unlock the sheetWe can't mess with your master copy?
because for now i just want to see if ive fluffed up any formulas, if they are unlocked and someone changes one without realising then starts saying parts dont work it will get confusing.

for those of you who want to unlock it the password is "electrician".

Ok ive updated a couple of bits and it now creates an estimate to send out on the 3rd page, the gaps up top and bottom are for letterhead images. you might need to move things about a bit but it works for what i want. 1st 2 sheets are protected and the PW is electrician .

All margins have been set to 0 , ive done this for saving the estimate to .pdf ready for email. if your printing you will need to change alot or add your own estimate page.

ive also saved it for office 2007 AND office 95-'03 (not sure if it will work on 95 - 03 but give it a try), all comments appreciated.

Estimate Calculator Without LH on estimate.zip

Estimate Calculator Without LH on estimate 97-'03.zip

Attachments

• Estimate Calculator Without LH on estimate.zip
    17.4 KB
  • Estimate Calculator Without LH on estimate 97-'03.zip
    17.7 KB