Europlex Alarm - engineer code reset

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bonzer

Reaction score
I have just obtained ( for nothing) an old europlex verifier 64 alarm with the idea that I'll install it as a nice and cheap alarm in my home. I have the installation manual but it seems that the default engineer code has been changed (hardly surprising). Is there a way I can get it back to he default xx10 code?

If you perform the cold start sequence the panel should revert to factory defaults.

Thanks for the reply.

I had tried several times but after the cold start it still have gives me 'invalid code' when I enter 1010.

when you power up the system you should not have to input a code, just follow the instructions. I think the first menu shows reset system which you tick, then it prompts are you sure and then cold start. If you press x at reset system stage you can enter the warm start menu which asks you to if you want to reset the codes, this only resets the engineers codes and not the user codes. If this works you can get into the menu to change the user codes, or perform another cold start.

Thanks Manator. I was not following the instructions correctly. I'm in the engineers menu now! Thanks.

I have to ask, why  was it thrown away? Often if an alarm panel is binned it is for a good reason.

As for it being made by europlex, they are known to be over complicated, I would put it back in the bin and buy something you know works and is all round better.

It was removed from an ATM cabinet when the ATM was removed, so it should be in good working order. It seems ok so far.

Indeed :) In this case - perfectly legally and legitimately! (No buildings were harmed)

I've come across another little problem with this board;

After installing everything, for some reason, the bell sounds for a second or two when setting the alarm. Does anyone know if this is a 'feature' that can be turned off (I've scoured the manual for such a reference but not found anything) or have I wired the bell incorrectly?

Mm. I've wired the bell and the strobe on the same int bell output on the panel as the ext bell relay output doesnt seem to work when the ext bell is activated whereas the int relay does. Maybe that is the problem. 

Well, I've managed to find the problem and its not related to the wiring.

Although not documented in the manual, there's a 'confirm set' option in the engineer menu. This was the culprit.