FAAC Opening Gate Controller

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OnOff

Mad Inventor™
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A long time mate (chippy by trade) was given a couple of FAAC swing gate actuators along with the 402 MPS control board and radio gear. The radio gear was shot so we replaced that with a two channel RF kit from Maplin. Works a treat. But on reaching their opening or closed positions both gate motors overrun by about 10 seconds. Long shot but from the limited info below any ideas as to "what" controls this delay in switching off? Was thinking the smaller electrolytic capacitors?

layout.jpg
#

Also found this on some French site but not sure if related:

402MPS.jpg

(BTW, just helped him do a sliding gate at the end of his drive which came out nice (further down from the swing gates). I've posted up in Your Pictures).

EDIT: Just got a picture of the controller. Anyone any idea of what on the board would control the timing as in how long the motors run for........

P4220032.jpg

Have you tried looking through this http://www.faac.co.uk/productfiles/20_Manual_rad4E47D.pdf---------- Post Auto-Merged at 17:44 ---------- Previous post was made at 17:38 ----------

Sorry OnOff not sure that was correct.

Have you seen this one. http://www.faac.co.uk/productfiles/122_Manual_rad82BFB.pdf

I think it relates to the model you have shown ?
Cheers for that, I in fact have it and took the first attachment in the OP from it. I got mine emailed from FAAC direct. Seems the model is obsolete and they couldn't advise down at pcb level. I think it's the page 2 timings could do with being fully adjustable rather than having the preset times set by DIP switches. The double gates are pretty lightweight so open fairly quick. I'll have to time it myself rather than relying on my mates "about" but I think it's a case of it takes say 9 seconds to open then runs on for another 6 as he has it set on 15. Setting on 8 seconds and they wouldn't open far enough. Good excuse to pop over and see him for a cuppa..........we've just run out of milk too!