fault finding

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yep thanks spec will keep doing my bit hopefully. i will let you guys know how i go on. thanks for everyones support

when i did my AM2, i was told to find a fault the instructor had put on the installation. tested it all out twice. no fault to be found. went back to the teacher and told him. he checked his little switch box. the dozy get hadnt put 1 on it. but he still give me the points.

The fault finding was quite easy. It's things like no end to end on ring, failed insulation resistance etc.

said i would keep you guys informed on my " enjoyable course". just got all my nvq 3, level 3 tech cert through and as an added bonus i have just got back from my holls and waiting for me was a letter from my college letting me know that the 2391-301 i sat in july i got a pass. thanks to all you guys(and galls) for some usefull info that i have picked up from the site.

That excellent News Andy. Well done mate.

When you get the celebrations, if you remember anything of the NVQ 3 and 2391, would you be kind enough as to post some in the Student and Learning zone Please?

Thanks, and well done, again.

If there woz only a hundred ov you left, you wouldn't av much choice mate. Anyway, i thought this woz an electrical forum and not a political or anti-English one?!!! (This message is in relation to mcgaw81's message ending quote).

We are neither Political or Anti-English. Most people on here are English. It's called banter. A friendly forum. ;)

Have one of these Guiness Drink and chill out... :D

Welcome to the forum. :D

If there woz only a hundred ov you left, you wouldn't av much choice mate. Anyway, i thought this woz an electrical forum and not a political or anti-English one?!!! (This message is in relation to mcgaw81's message ending quote).
With 1981 members on this forum, one has found my signature to be political and anti-english.

I now need to ask, does it offend any1 else?

And why find a thread started way back in april to highlight it? Is someone trying to start trouble??????

If it offends i will change it as we are all friends on here.

Somme1916 have some Guiness DrinkGuiness DrinkGuiness Drink, and chillax.

To somme, I have probably more to say on this issue with McGraw than anyone. But I dont as I tend to think that we all live in harmony :) My dad is from Glasgow (family are all Rangers fans but he was Celtic just to be different) and me mam is from south Wales (Cardiff fan). I was born in London. I am screwed when it comes to home international games on the tele.

Sorry if this unpolitically correct. (PS Brown is a tosspot in my view and is no way a Scot)

Andy.Guiness Drink

To somme, I have probably more to say on this issue with McGraw than anyone. But I dont as I tend to think that we all live in harmony :) My dad is from Glasgow (family are all Rangers fans but he was Celtic just to be different) and me mam is from south Wales (Cardiff fan). I was born in London. I am screwed when it comes to home international games on the tele.Sorry if this unpolitically correct. (PS Brown is a tosspot in my view and is no way a Scot)

Andy.Guiness Drink
There is no 'r' mate, sorry ;)

With 1981 members on this forum, one has found my signature to be political and anti-english.
:|

I now need to ask' date=' does it offend any1 else?

[/quote']

erm?????? ?:|

NO! :) :xApplaud Smiley

And why find a thread started way back in april to highlight it? Is someone trying to start trouble??????
hope not! :eek: :(

If you change yours...... :(

I may make it mine.... :D :) ; \

As long as but a 100 of us remain alive' date=' nvr will we on any conditions be brought under English rule. [/i']

p.s.

should the "nvr" have some "e"'s in it?

or is it just my thickness missing a subtle point???Blushing:D:p;) :)

Somme1916 have some Guiness DrinkGuiness DrinkGuiness Drink' date=' and chillax.[/quote']

best idea!Applaud SmileyApplaud SmileyGuiness DrinkGuiness Drink

With 1981 members on this forum, one has found my signature to be political and anti-english.I now need to ask, does it offend any1 else?

Somme1916 have some Guiness DrinkGuiness DrinkGuiness Drink, and chillax.
I did wonder if you were anti English to be honest, and then thought well every one hates us anyway. I then see that you don't bang on about it so probably tongue in cheek. Well I hope so anyway. Where does it all end, Scotts/ English..... Celtic/Rangers....Liverpool/ Everton....Catholic/Protesant... Welsh/English.... Villa/City/West Brom....I have'nt forgotten the Irish, they seem to like us.

I could go on,considering where I live, but I'll keep my mouth shut on that. ; \

AM2 , acheivement measurement 2.

Under city and guilds , apprentices sit 2 AM tests . An AM1 and AM2 , an AM1 is usually sat after the first year and is used to check basic circuit knowledge and clipping t+e , bending radii etc .

AM2 involves a complete installation within a set timeframe , with conduit , trunking , tray , MICC , armoured cable three phase motor with local and remote stop/start . Fault finding an installation , safe isolation of supplies and an audio / visual circuit to be drawn from a description (a kind of nurse call system , press button A and lamp B and buzzer c energise , sort of thing) and wired to function as per spec . Usually over 4 or 5 days .

Inspection and testing was a different course and not included when I did it . May have changed a bit now .