Fein V. Bosch

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

barbaricduck

Reaction score
Hiya folks,

Looking at getting one of the oscillating multi tool jobbies from either fein or bosch. I personally prefer cordless and I have some 10.8 bosch batts which would fit in the bosch multi tool. Though you dont seem to be able to buy one naked anywhere...Does anyone know where I can get a naked b**ch!!! :eek:

Sooooo, what are the pitfalls from either machine?? The Fein looks a little bulky/unwieldy too hold...Is it... Is the Bosch up to the job....etc etc..

Only just seen one in action t'other day an gotta say I was mightily impressed.

All thoughts welcome, Neil

I have the Bosch and I like it ;)

How often will you use it? Will the batteries be dead? Occasional use suggests mains to me? If you will use it a lot go for the fein (cordless version also) or the cordless Bosch

I have the Bosch and I like it ;) How often will you use it? Will the batteries be dead? Occasional use suggests mains to me? If you will use it a lot go for the fein (cordless version also) or the cordless Bosch
I was reading that these new 10.8v Li batts stay charged for a long time unlike NiH batts, and will charge in as little as 15mins, dunno how true that is though

Lithium ion hold their charge much better than a standard battery. Fair point. Think they loose ~5% per month some normal rechargables may loose 30-50% just sitting there.

:)

I have the Fein & what a godsend it is at times. Ok the blades are pricey but I just add the cost to the odd job when I'm down to my last 2 blades.

Since having the Fein the floor boards dont look like a mad axeman has been at them during re-wires, nice little 45deg cuts between joists & the board just drops straight back in after access has been achived. Makes life easier on them old lave & plaster walls when cutting for boxes.

The best buy I made tool wise I think.

The 10.8 li ion batts are amazing in my opinion. I got a twin pack- Bosch blue impact driver and drill driver - around 4 months ago. Looked at the batts and thought they will be pants, too small too hold any decent power, how wrong I was!!

The 10.8 li ion batts are amazing in my opinion. I got a twin pack- Bosch blue impact driver and drill driver - around 4 months ago. Looked at the batts and thought they will be pants, too small too hold any decent power, how wrong I was!!
Get the Bosch cordless then. Few spare batteries will never go amiss :)

Has anybody tried the Worx one?

It appears to do the same job as the Bosch/Fein but it actually looks more robust than the mains Bosch (despite being a cheap tool).

They sell it in Argos and although I don't usually like cheap tools Argos do have a good returns policy so it might be worth a punt.

I haven't Oliver, No. But I would be interested to see what the jury says on it.

Who's going to buy one to try? Olly?

Well I am very tempted but I can't really justify it at the moment.

Had to cut some hatches out of a chipboard floor on Saturday and used my trusty Ryobi One circular saw which hadn't been used for so long I had to buy a new battery and blade!

I might buy one when I'm feeling a bit more flush though, I like the idea of making your own blades as discussed in another post!

Has anybody tried the Worx one?It appears to do the same job as the Bosch/Fein but it actually looks more robust than the mains Bosch (despite being a cheap tool).

They sell it in Argos and although I don't usually like cheap tools Argos do have a good returns policy so it might be worth a punt.
I think the only consideration here is that in some poor Li designs batts have exploded randomly although I've only seen reports on Laptops so far, so dunno if any power tools have suffered the same fate

Been watching the youtube vids of these things and I WANT one!

Missus always says 'but you don't NEED it'

My well versed repy 'it's not about NEED' Guiness Drink:p

They do look v. handy tho and the consensus amongst the knowledgable seems good... :D

Latest posts