fire alarms

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

r.b

Reaction score
Are end of line resistors used at sounders?I presume they arent needed because theres normally just sounder 1, sounder 2 etc. The ones I have been putting in are just obviously end of line at smoke detectors?

Twinflex system can have sounders and call points and smokes all on the same zone although i think they do have a sounder circuit also.

Are end of line resistors used at sounders?I presume they arent needed because theres normally just sounder 1, sounder 2 etc. The ones I have been putting in are just obviously end of line at smoke detectors?
The panel needs them so that it 'knows' that there is not an open/short circuit.

Basically it 'looks down the wire' constantly and becomes moody and sulks like a petulant short 4rsed thieving ginger ex TX career crashing chef if it cannot see the EOLs.......... :coat

Twinflex system can have sounders and call points and smokes all on the same zone although i think they do have a sounder circuit also.
bit a of tangent there.....

their detection circuits support there sounders either as a stand alone device or incorprated within head / call point, however not EOL's as such seclected via DIL, unused circuit programmed off.

They also have a single sounder circuit which has proper EOL,

Yes they are
So basically the end of line of the sounder circuits where you have line neutraul and earth where the connections go in I presume the end of line resistor link will be between line and neutraul and this is needed?

Latest posts