Fluke Volt stick

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

L-E_Fault

Reaction score
http://www.****manyardley.co.uk/product.aspx?productid=564

Had this volt stick about 3 months now and I find it a very handy t00l. Its always in my pocket ready to go. When it detects a voltage between 200 - 1000Vac it glows red at the tip it also bleeps (you can disable the bleep if you want).

I'm not saying this should be used as your primary voltage detector as you can't beat a good old prod at the terminals.

I am surprised with how robust it is also, I've dropped it a couple of times from waste height with no damage. What impressed me the most is my girlfriend washed it in the washing machine the weekend which I thought would finish it off, but no! I turned it on and it just bleeped at me, so I took the battery's out and left it in the sun for half hour and the old stick came back to life, get in.

Tip: When using it move the tip all round the cable to make sure you get the phase, if you put it on the wrong side of a twin you might be on the neutral and not detect a voltage.

Cost - Around

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes I would agree with what you say have a couple myself and would say they are the best on the market and I have had a lot.

got one the other day, guy at the shop said about testing the whole cable and had a different fluke there that would light up near the cable, i went with the one you got

I have had one for years plus some other makes that were just not up to the job.

I only ever use it as intended (for indication) I find it very usefull and is always in my pocket.

I have dropped it stood on it and probably at some point stirred my tea with it, batteries seem to last for ages.

Great little unit and one of our best sellers, we currently have it on the site at

i just paid 13 + vat, there gose my lunch money:_|

@ megger mark.

How do we go about buying one of these at 11.50+ vat. Do you just go through your website and put a note or telephone the order through. Cheers

Personally, I would, if I was Mark, list them all on TEF Auctions on a buy it now. That way the orders would go directly through to him, or anyone else that he nominates (By putting their email in the Paypal section of it).

This is what I was getting at the other day Mark. It is so much easier and saves a lot of confusion. My offer still stands of doing them for you / helping you if needed. ;)

You can also mention them on this forum here and put a link to the listing if you want. (Get great search results in Google etc too, on TEF Auctions). ;)

Hi M4tty/Admin,

I am going to ask Admin to help me list them in the TEF section as he suggested (and not before time). I am not in the office until Friday but will try to sort it out then. :Salute

@ megger mark.How do we go about buying one of these at 11.50+ vat. Do you just go through your website and put a note or telephone the order through. Cheers
Just go wandering into his office unannounced. That's what I did :p

Has anybody tried the fluke digital laser measurer, they look good, would be great for fitting down lights, but they are about

I saw it at at my main wholesaler at a fluke open day seemed quite a good bit of kit for the money was going to buy one but things are a bit tight at the moment so resisted.

Has anybody tried the fluke digital laser measurer, they look good, would be great for fitting down lights, but they are about

I saw them, Thanks Patch - But for some reason, I was thinking about something else. :Blushing

There a very good volt stick,

very reliable and really handy

to just clip it onto yourself.

Well worth a purchase.