for people starting 2330 level 3 in September.....!!

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blacberry22

Reaction score
i have just completed my 2330 level 2 and hope fully starting level 3 in Sep, i went to the college today to see what criteria we have to meet to get on the course and these are the words from my tutors mouth " the level 3 is no longer city & guilds it is now NVQ in order to get on the course if your over 19 you need a day placement to carry out assignments through out the year, when you have done an assignment the college sends an EV out to check and mark the work has been completed.

For those under 19 need to have an apprentice so" i think it is going to be hard for the under 19 because there is not many people or company's taking on at the min as I'm finding it hard to get a placement. if anyone else has heard the same please reply as i would to see if all colleges are the same.

Thanks.

From what I've been told by my college and my employer. All students that undertook and passed the 2330 level 2, will be able to complete the level 3 as it carries on from where the level 2 ended, but will be the last year to undertake this as its all changing from September to the new format, and that the NVQ level 3 will be work based as previous years.

Seems different colleges are saying different things headbang

I'll hopefully find out 100% next Wednesday when I go to enroll :^O

I attended a City and Guilds briefing recently and registrations with them for the Level 3 will continue until Dec 31st this year, however colleges may not provide the course as they will start to change to the 2357 which incorporates the L2, L3 and the NVQ.

I believe funding has been agreed for colleges for students starting in Sept as this was a major stumbling block.

Private training providers will still take enrolements and students have 2 years to complete once registered.

Hope this helps

regards

Mark

everyone on 2330 at our college who have just finished year 1 have been told we have to enrol for year 2 and 3 at the same time (next week) otherwise there is no chance of year 3, as next year is the last year it is running!! there are however some of us who have completed years 1 & 2 in 1 year, so will just be going straight onto year 3 in sept.

also has anyone been told a price for year 3 yet? i know if will be different from one college to the next, but no-one where i am has any clue, and apparently they are not even going to run the 'new' level 3 course!! bad day explode

I am awaiting answers from both Summit Skill and Coty & Guilds on this, I have been trying to confirm either way if its is as per blacberry, I for one will be none to pleased as this will of ment I have wasted the past 12 months doing 2330 part 2 first year ! ! ! ! ! ! and as I am 40 years old I stand very little chance of getting an apprentaship to allow me to do the NVQ course. Well that sucks big time.

X(

X(

:_|

:_|

headbang

headbang

funding and registration has been agreed until dec 2010 for the 2330. therefore the level 3 will obtain funding this september. The 2330 is the technical qualification the nvq is the work based qualification 2356. (registration before 31st dec also)

cheers

Well guys thanks for your replies seams people are getting told different things, our college which is southport college by the way is starting the work based qualification why i do not know so i need to find a placement asap all they need is a letter head stating that when i need to do an assignment i can carry it out with whom my placements with, i don't even need to work for him/them as its only for a few hour on the day of the assignment, i really need to do lvl 3 as it would benefit me more than Part P but if don't get placement it loos like i will have to do it, if i do part p, 17th, competent person, am2 is that the equivalent to lvl 3? or would it be a waste of time?

Thanks.

Mick.

From what I've been told by my college and my employer. All students that undertook and passed the 2330 level 2, will be able to complete the level 3 as it carries on from where the level 2 ended, but will be the last year to undertake this as its all changing from September to the new format, and that the NVQ level 3 will be work based as previous years.Seems different colleges are saying different things headbang

I'll hopefully find out 100% next Wednesday when I go to enroll :^O
Same as above.

Enrolled last week no problem

what happens to those who have just finished the 2330 level 3 such as myself ? , I am now wanting to find work and start doing my nvq level 3. Do the 2330 levels 2 and 3 that I have got still count towards this or are they now void and worthless, if so then I along with the rest of the lads in my class have just wasted 2 years for nothing, are the 2330 certs now worthless or do they count towards an nvq 3 or the new 2357 ? I certainly hope so.

Cheers

The 2330 is the theory portion of the full electrical qualification, the NVQ3 is the practical side of it. You need both for a JIB card.AndyGuinness
The new qualification that is coming is called the 2357 and this combines the current 2330's and the current NVQ level 3 into one new qualification (2357). So the current NVQ 3 wont exist.

Does anyone know if those who have completed the 2330's will be able to add there quals over to the 2357 and only be asked to sit the NVQ side of the new qual or will we be asked to sit the entire 2357 from scratch, even tho we have the theory portion (2330) ? If so then Im sure there will be up roar as many people such as myself would of just wasted the last 2 years getting the 2330's just for them to be void ? Can anyone correct me if Im wrong please ?

There will have to be units from the 2357 for people who need the nvq part to become jib registered. but with the 2357 it will be compulsary to do the am2 which is extra expense.

i'm just starting my 3rd year in sept and have already enrolled on nvq 2356 which i was advised to do from my college, if i wanted the 2356 part. im not in the trade and plan to become self employed and do the 2356 then.

If i was you i would do the same you have until dec 31st for final registration and until dec 2013 to complete this is from c&g themselves.

I went to my local college last week (where I've done my level 2 2330) and was told they are still doing the level 3 for the time being and that they dont know when it's all changing over with them.

But it turns out i'm on day release in september now so it's slightly different to the evening classes? :|

Seems to be different situations at different colleges headbang

I've just enrolled for the Level 3 over the phone with my College (Sunderland). Up until today we were told the price will be going up, unsure if it would be on at all. So got a nice surprise when they enrolled me no problem and for the same price as last year.

Can relax a bit now!

done my bridging exam for 2330 level 3 today.Will find out next week if i pass or not.Hopefully should pass and then i can enroll onto level 3.