Force discharge to grid on a Solax batter/inverter system

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike Wood

Reaction score
Can anyone help please?
My system is set so I can charge my batteries from the grid during an overnight low unit price period.
I want to release unused power to the grid during high unit price periods i.e. at peak times, say, 4.00 to 7.00p.m. in the UK.
Can anyone suggest how I might do this please?

Most hybrid inverters are not designed to dump energy to the grid. However, you can fool a hybrid by reversing the CT clamp or modifying the modbus responses from an energy meter.
Be careful how much to send back, Octopus aren't stupid and you should already have a specific DNO export ceiling.

Can I ask why you would want to do that? Surely you can't be getting more than 5p ish a KW to export? and importing at 7-8 times that. Do you have anything to use up excess power? EV, batteries, hot water tank?

Can I ask why you would want to do that? Surely you can't be getting more than 5p ish a KW to export? and importing at 7-8 times that. Do you have anything to use up excess power? EV, batteries, hot water tank?
With Tariffs like Octopus Intelligent, Flux or Agile you can work the system in your favour, it seems like a lot of hassle to me but some people have setup Home Assistant to do the juggling.

Latest posts