FREE Megger training DVD

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

androiduk2002

Reaction score
Info from free handout:

Megger is now offering a free DVD training presentation that shows in detail how to use all the functions offered by Meggers MFT1500 series multifunction tester.

In the presentation, an experienced Megger engineer walks users step by step through all the tests required by the 17th Edition of the IEE Wiring Regulations, including continuity,insulation,earth loopimpedance and RCD testing.

The presentation also features an impressive demonstration of a laptop computer automatically loading results into a test certificate, after it has captured them from an MFT1553 via a bluetooth wireless connection.

Send an email request for your copy to [email protected] , or call Megger on 01304 502100. For more info check out www.megger.com

i have been looking for a training video like this on testing. Can it be downloaded other than being sent by post?

i have been looking for a training video like this on testing. Can it be downloaded other than being sent by post?
Not that I know of but hey its worth a look if nothing else, I am struggling to understand testing but Im only a first year 2330, so i will gladly take all the help I can ;) ; )

Not that I know of but hey its worth a look if nothing else, I am struggling to understand testing but Im only a first year 2330, so i will gladly take all the help I can ;) ; )
Have you got an OSG?

I have patch, as well as Heinmanns Electrical Installations Level 2 2330 Technical Certificate and A.J.Watkins Electrical Installation Calculations, full BS7671 will have to wait until I can find work headbangheadbangheadbang

yeah, the bs7671, the smaller OSG and guidance note3. guidance note 3 is a good way to learn in more detail about inspection and testing.

i'm on year3 now and need to cram a lot of information into my head before my exams start. i haven't had much practical training though so it's more difficult for me to memorise it all. try buying some stuff like a DB, wire, and sockets etc. and fitting it all together on a wall or wherever. you'll learn a lot faster that way.

does it show the bit where you get electrocuted?!

megger are a liability and anyone that buys one without knowing the risks deserves to get killed.

if they dont kill some householder that is.

My experience of tester is very very limited, so I can offer little comment but we are taught at college with MIT320 for I/R and continuity testing, surely if they are that dangerous they would use a better make ?

I have patch, as well as Heinmanns Electrical Installations Level 2 2330 Technical Certificate and A.J.Watkins Electrical Installation Calculations, full BS7671 will have to wait until I can find work headbangheadbangheadbang
Have you bought the Part P Doctor second fix?

:( :( :(

I havent as of yet, but it is on my wish list for when times get better as is donating Applaud Smiley Applaud Smiley

My experience of tester is very very limited, so I can offer little comment but we are taught at college with MIT320 for I/R and continuity testing, surely if they are that dangerous they would use a better make ?
sponsorship makes the world go round.

approx something like 65%+ of people passing their driving test go on to buy the make of car they passed in, hence why its a big deal for manufacturers to get in with BSM etc,

bit similar to colleges.

Have ordered mine today by telephone , very helpful person on the phone was told it will be posted out today. Will keep you informed once recieved and watched .

The presentation also features an impressive demonstration of a laptop computer automatically loading results into a test certificate, after it has captured them from an MFT1553 via a bluetooth wireless connection.
I have tried it and its not that impressive in real life along with adding a huge cost along with ongoing costs to buy their cert numbers.

I got something like that when I got my 1553. It was that tall grey haired guy thats in all of these testing a new property.

sponsorship makes the world go round.approx something like 65%+ of people passing their driving test go on to buy the make of car they passed in, hence why its a big deal for manufacturers to get in with BSM etc,

bit similar to colleges.
Interesting. Guess I have never been a sheep though as I have never had a metro. Also was not that impressed with the kewtech meters we used (apart from the time I got a guy to IR his hands. Very Funny).

yeah, the bs7671, the smaller OSG and guidance note3. guidance note 3 is a good way to learn in more detail about inspection and testing.
Dont know if anyone has mmended this book, Practical guide to Inspection, Testing and Certification of Electrical Instalations by Christopher Kitcher, its a great book that breaks down every part of testing in steps with full colour pictures very easy to understand with some exercises to test yourself.

I found invaluable in passing my 2391 last year picked it up on Amazon for about 15 quid.

does it show the bit where you get electrocuted?!megger are a liability and anyone that buys one without knowing the risks deserves to get killed.

if they dont kill some householder that is.
I assume you mean training from a DVD is dodgy?! Rather than there being a problem with Megger testers?

Its each to their own when it comes to testers, tools, and vans everyone will have a story to tell about something, it does not mean its a bad make, by 1 persons experiences , if there was 10 saying the same then maybe, but just because 1 does not like something others would want to be buried with theirs ;) ; )