From todays job

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

M107

Billy-the-Kid
Reaction score
Had what started out as (ended up a cu change:D )a call out to an RCD tripping as soon as kitchen ring final was switched on.

Kitchen fitters had installed a new 10mm cooker circuit as well as extending the ringmain where do you suppose they installed the ccu ?

Thats right in the garage some 15 meters away from the cooker, as you will see they struggled getting the face plate onto the pattress. To get over the gap they put a wrap of white packing tape around the accessory (I've removed it for the piccy)

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j293/gazjothomas/cookerisolationswitch001.jpg

The reason the RCD kept tripping, the line conductor legs had been joined correctly (all beit untidy & with a 15amp chock block & red tape) but the new neutral legs go to rcd side neutral terminal & old neutral legs go to non-rcd neutral terminal.

So to get over the problem they banged it on the non rcd side.

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j293/gazjothomas/cookerisolationswitch002.jpg

The picture is how I found the cu all open but no cover & not isolated.

No certs from fitters & not a fitter insight, they are due back in the morning to complete the tiling.

How chuffed will they be to find I've pulled tiles off (as directed by customer)to fit a ccu in the kitchen & they wont be getting the full payday they were expecting, as the customer is going to hold back the

Ohhhhh...... You'll be flavour of the month tomorrow! :^O Hope your turning up in the tank, should keep the fitters from going too loco! ]:)

First picture doesn't seem to link through though. :( (Now it does! :D )

I know the cu isnt isolated in the picture but somebody pulled the service fuse ;)
Never?, Pfft - That was a stroke of luck. :^O

Nice condition of wiring there M107. It's amazing how people get away with things and survive - isn't it?

Reason: Linky thing now linking!

:^O

You Reasons, crease me up, Mr S. :^O :^O:^O

Reminds me of that place in B'ham...........Spagetti junction.

Dear oh dear, I would be so ashamed of myself IF I ever produced work of that standard, hang on, theres no standard to it. It bloody awful thats what it is.

Disgracefull workmanship from the kitchen fiiters.

Could they have not split the ring up in the kitchen itself rather than in CU.

Just goes to show why we have part p.

Was the kitchen company a high street name starting in M?

Latest posts