Gardtec 581 installation manual needed

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NozSpark

Seaman stains™
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi I was called out to an alarm going off this morning.. it's s Gardtec 581 (I think) has keypad on panel!!

He doesn't have any user or installation manuals (I managed to find the user manual on line, but the installation manuals are locked) :( :(

I have had a look on the RISCO and ukpanel sites and they are both locked which I understand due to security issues,,, but I need one so that I can carry out any repairs that are necessary...

All I have done ATM is disconnect the SAB battery, panel battery and mains supply... just to shut the blinking thing up!!

I have a mate who is a roofer, his alarm sounder has been making some strange noises not full alarm but going off in night. The supplier has sent him an instruction sheet for disconnecting a part on bell box. The problem is the cold believe it or not. Just wondering if yours maybe the same problem. give manufacturer a ring they may be able to help.

Batty

ive had a look though my folder of alarm manuals - all i have for that alarm is a one page PDF on 'gardtec 581 advanced features' - not much help. other than that, cant find anything for it. just lookin on ukpanels, and the PDF i have is not listed there anymore

Cheers Admin,

I've downloaded them and they look like what I need.?.?.?.? (possibly)

Andy if there's any way I could have a copy I'd appreciate it...

Nick

P.S. I'm not 100% certain that it is the 581 (it's not got anything on it and they don't have any manual for it) ; but it is Gardtec, has a ABS enclosure and has the keypad on the panel... the PCB is probably 3" deep and sits at the top of the panel, transformer to the bottom left and battery bottom right.

P.S. I'm not 100% certain that it is the 581 (it's not got anything on it and they don't have any manual for it) ; but it is Gardtec, has a ABS enclosure and has the keypad on the panel... the PCB is probably 3" deep and sits at the top of the panel, transformer to the bottom left and battery bottom right.
500 series, all the same.

Does it look like the following, Noz?

Just the Control Unit (the older version)

Gardtec581.jpg

Or this...

Control unit (newer version) in its casing

Gardtec581-1.jpg

That's the one!!that ones even got stickers, that's cheating;) ;)

So I wasn't far off then??
You were spot on - It's a Gardtec 581.