gsm dialler

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
does anyone know of a gsm voice/text alarm dialler where i can monitor the phone line through it, and use it to dial us on a alarm activation if the phone line fails

You can achieve this with redcare gsm or dual com gsm. You would need a grade 2/3 alarm panel to pd6662 and an installer who are ssaib or nacoss approved. You would also need a unique reference no from your local police force. The monitoring of the phone line and activations would be via a monitoring station.

Redcare can only be provided by a Nacoss or Ssaib company.

There are a few stand alone sms/speech dialers on the market. You connect to existing phone line and an output on alarm system. But if the phone line is cut,it cant dial out.

Redcare can only be provided by a Nacoss or Ssaib company. There are a few stand alone sms/speech dialers on the market. You connect to existing phone line and an output on alarm system. But if the phone line is cut,it cant dial out.
This isn't true, Redcare and Dualcom are both used to monitor Fire alarms and indutrial proceses and neither require NSI or SSAIB approval.

You only need the above approval with intruder and only then if you need police response.

does anyone know of a gsm voice/text alarm dialler where i can monitor the phone line through it, and use it to dial us on a alarm activation if the phone line fails
Badger, have a look at this, I have never used one but I have used a lot of other CQR products and they are pretty good. CQR are a well known maker of alarm equipment and have been around for years.

http://www.cqr.co.uk/en/product-catalogue/wirefree/freewave/gsm-dialler/GSM-Dialler.aspx

They probably won't sell direct but Gardiner Security sell their products through their security trade counters. http://www.gardinersecurity.co.uk/

Bt provides redcare. This can be ordered by a company or private dwelling. Fire and intruder systems need a form of communication device known as a digi modem or stu. You need a monitoring station to receive signals as they are encoded. Monitoring stations only deal with ssaib or nsi.

Bt provides redcare. This can be ordered by a company or private dwelling. Fire and intruder systems need a form of communication device known as a digi modem or stu. You need a monitoring station to receive signals as they are encoded. Monitoring stations only deal with ssaib or nsi registered companys

Bt provides redcare. This can be ordered by a company or private dwelling. Fire and intruder systems need a form of communication device known as a digi modem or stu. You need a monitoring station to receive signals as they are encoded. Monitoring stations only deal with ssaib or nsi registered companys
Tim how do you manage to print same post twice I can't. Thats spooky.

?:|

I see now you slightly changed it.

Batty

:p I've been to Bucks - St Tiggywinkles is there :D
Yes I rescued a hedgehog on a job, it had fallen into a trench not sure how long it had been there so rung st t's they said to bring it in. Put in a bucket and brought it home my wife then took it to st t's. You have to sign a form to say you are not wanting to have it back. It marvellous the work they do. I live about 8 miles from there.

Batty

Yes I rescued a hedgehog on a job, it had fallen into a trench not sure how long it had been there so rung st t's they said to bring it in. Put in a bucket and brought it home my wife then took it to st t's. You have to sign a form to say you are not wanting to have it back. It marvellous the work they do. I live about 8 miles from there.Batty
I love hedgehogs :D

Not to eat I hope. In my town there are a lot of rough kids. I heard a story about some that kicked a hedgehog about like a football until they got covered in blood and other insides. Personally if I had my way I would shoot the bas...rds.

Batty

Not to eat I hope. In my town there are a lot of rough kids. I heard a story about some that kicked a hedgehog about like a football until they got covered in blood and other insides. Personally if I had my way I would shoot the bas...rds.Batty
nah not to eat. Gypsies used to roll them in clay and put them in a fire - when cooked you peel off the clay and eat the flesh :(

They are lovely creatures.

Hope you mean shoot the kids not the hedgehogs? :eek:

nah not to eat. Gypsies used to roll them in clay and put them in a fire - when cooked you peel off the clay and eat the flesh :( They are lovely creatures.

Hope you mean shoot the kids not the hedgehogs? :eek:
Yes I think I would have made a good vet as I like animals. If I had been a doctor I would have been like the one who bumped his patients off can't think what his name was but I would have got rid of a few nasty kids.

Yes I think I would have made a good vet as I like animals. If I had been a doctor I would have been like the one who bumped his patients off can't think what his name was but I would have got rid of a few nasty kids.
Harold Shipman

wen't to a fancy dress party and had no costume. Put a white coat on and my stethoscope arround my throad and told people I was Dr Shipman.

apparantly that's in bad taste........... :(

(true story)

Latest posts