Hello, can I have some help please.

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jayza

Reaction score
Hello everyone

I would just like to know if this is worth it and not a scam.

I have two different options:

Number one is XS Training academy and they're offering 2365 Diploma level 2 & 3 for £4560, which to my knowledge has good reviews.

The other option is a company called ERR Ltd and they're offering this for £7,800:

C&G 2393 (Part P)

C&G 2382 (18th Edition)

C&G 2392 (Fundamental Testing & Inspection)

C&G 2365 (level 2) – units 211/601, 602, 203, 204 & 210)

C&G 2365 (level 3) – units 301, 612/624, 613/623, 614, 615/625, 308

C&G 2391 – 52 Level 3 testing & inspection

BPEC Solar Photovoltaic

AM2

C&G level 3 NVQ

C&G 2919-02 Level 3 Electric Vehicle Charging Installation

This company has mixed reviews.

Can you guys please help me decide.

XS training, (not advertised as an academy) seem to get good reviews on the other Electrician's Forum: https://www.xstraining.com/

To be honest why do you want these so called qualifications, you don't need them to be an electrician they only exist to impress a prospective employer and make money for the training organisation, better bet IMO is working as an electricians mate for free if you have too, until you are competent/confident.

XS training, (not advertised as an academy) seem to get good reviews on the other Electrician's Forum: https://www.xstraining.com/

To be honest why do you want these so called qualifications, you don't need them to be an electrician they only exist to impress a prospective employer and make money for the training organisation, better bet IMO is working as an electricians mate for free if you have too, until you are competent/confident.

I want a career change, I have 1 year left at my current job and I was advised to get the level 2 and 3 diplomas done before I leave my current job,

And I have looked around and this is what has brought me here, for further guidance.

What type of work are you going to do when you leave your current job, domestic, industrial or site work?

Army?
I have 1 year left at my current job and I was advised to get the level 2 and 3 diplomas done before I leave my current job,
The other option is a company called ERR Ltd and they're offering this for £7,800:

C&G 2393 (Part P)

C&G 2382 (18th Edition)

C&G 2392 (Fundamental Testing & Inspection)

C&G 2365 (level 2) – units 211/601, 602, 203, 204 & 210)

C&G 2365 (level 3) – units 301, 612/624, 613/623, 614, 615/625, 308

C&G 2391 – 52 Level 3 testing & inspection

BPEC Solar Photovoltaic

AM2

C&G level 3 NVQ

C&G 2919-02 Level 3 Electric Vehicle Charging Installation

This company has mixed reviews.
do all but the first three,
they overlap with the ones below

What type of work are you going to do when you leave your current job, domestic, industrial or site work?
That's a good question, In my head I thought I would just start small with domestic and then try my hand at what you mentioned to understand on a wider scale and then go from there. Ive not put much thought into what area I would stay in but I would like to at least experience all of them.