Help required.

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andson

Reaction score
Hello,

I am new to this forum and would like some advice if possible. I have got to move my fathers central heating timer and fused spur it has been powered off because he is having his wall plastered and he said he would like them moved to a more convenient position as he is getting on and he has to stretch to adjust the timer. I can not see where the spur has come from, is there a way of extending the spur but burying it in the wall lengthening the cable and placing the fused spur and timer further down so he can get to it more easier.

Thanks.

Crimps with heatshrink are a permanant join so could be buried in a plastered wall.

I really shouldn't attempt to answer these posts :S

Crimps with heatshrink are a permanant join so could be buried in a plastered wall.I really shouldn't attempt to answer these posts :S
Well at least your trying apache, whether you are right or wrong.

Well at least your trying apache, whether you are right or wrong.
Your too kind admin 2. Would you like a drink? beer is all we have Guiness Drink

I just fear mr andson wouldn't be so kind if he listened to me and electricuted his father! Sure it'll be right tho. Or one that knows will be along to correct :^O

Apache is correct, however:

The crimped connections must have a second layer of insulation before being buried.

i.e. heatshrink sleeving or chocbox. Personally, if the wall will take it, i`d go for the chocbox.

Apache: don`t worry m8. If your advice is incomplete, or , god forbid, plain wrong, it will be corrected. Posting your opinion is a sure way to guarantee responses, which will either back you up, or shoot you down (mit parachute).

Your too kind admin 2. Would you like a drink? beer is all we have Guiness Drink
i'll leave the guiness drinking for Kme, thanks all the same :D

Although a nice vodka smilie would go down well,

No Mate, She drinks the proper stuff. :_|

Just curious kme why do you prefer choc boxes instead of heatshrink? Is it more profesional or easier to install? Tell me to Get lost if you think i'm being to nosey

A word of advice to make both yours & your fathers lives easier.

Get a wireless one.

And don`t bother putting the reciever where the old stat was! Shove it next to the boiler, and do away with the ugly lump on the wall.

EMF: nothing particular in it m8; just general personal preference. Not always possible to use chocbox, and overly extreme in some cases.

Careful Apache, I do beleive Admin 2 is married to welshy, could be wrong but I'm sure I read it in a post somewhere ; \

You would be correct.

Welshy=ADMIN

Admin + Admin2 = miniadmin1, miniadmin2, miniadmin3 etc..........

Or, if you transpose the adiabatic equation:

(Welsh wizard+Admin / 2) +Admin2=Trouble

HTH

KME

You would be correct.Welshy=ADMIN

Admin + Admin2 = miniadmin1, miniadmin2, miniadmin3 etc..........

Or, if you transpose the adiabatic equation:

(Welsh wizard+Admin / 2) +Admin2=Trouble

HTH

KME
You forgot the correction factors for external influences....

(Welsh wizard+Admin / 2) +Admin2=Trouble * (lives in WALES) = VERY BIG TROUBLE!!

:eek: :O:O:^O:^O

Thanks Stu. I KNEW i`d forget something. That equasion is so complex (think it has something to do with the non-standard variables of the Admin2)
EQUATION

What do you know about my non-standard variables then eh?