High voltage

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
must be on some serious danger money...

Heights, HV, Helecopters :) :) :)

Guiness Drink

These guys featured in a Channel 4 "Most Dangerous Jobs" programme some months back:

http://www.air2.com/

Major respect to this part of the electrical profession.

Pyro.

I've never been one for heights so prob not the best job for me. :( Does look like it could be good fun...

well its not like youll fall far as the harness lanyard should stop you hitting the floor :^O :^O
You ever felt one of them grab you when you fall?

I used to do a lot of working at heights in previous job (automated machinery in distribution centre)

they sent us on a training course for working at heights and they said as a "supervised practice" for experience and what to do when just "hanging around" they had us drop off a platform and drop all out weight onto the harness/lanyard (obviously lanyard was attached above us so was not a big fall)

Oh the pain!!!

Heights never have bothered me. So id give it a go ; \

You ever felt one of them grab you when you fall? I used to do a lot of working at heights in previous job (automated machinery in distribution centre)

they sent us on a training course for working at heights and they said as a "supervised practice" for experience and what to do when just "hanging around" they had us drop off a platform and drop all out weight onto the harness/lanyard (obviously lanyard was attached above us so was not a big fall)

Oh the pain!!!

Heights never have bothered me. So id give it a go ; \
had to use a harness a while back - not very comfortable at all, and you knew it was going to hurt if needed! so went on ebay and got a padded one....

had to use a harness a while back - not very comfortable at all, and you knew it was going to hurt if needed! so went on ebay and got a padded one....
mine was padded, as we would spend 2 or 3 hours per shift in harness up automated cranes recovering/repairing. Was long hours, as the site was new and in testing. so everything kept having fits.

but yes very uncomfortuble if not used to them and very painful for us blokes

id have a go at it. looks fun
I had a go but not from a helecopter.

We did it from the ground and its one hell of a long climb up them pylons.

We run a cable from one end to the other so that the cable we worked on was effectivley out of loop.

Still made the hairs on your arms stand up on end, and the fibreglass rods we had to pull the ends together made me jump every time I heard a crackle.