How does

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

a12jpm

Reaction score
Just had a statment in from KPMG relating to a company that went bang owing me a large wedge. headbang

After a quick read and plenty of swearing I get to the back and find costs and fee's and it turns out we are selling ourselves a bit short guys.

Hourly rates are:

Director/Partner -

They're the sort of people that would argue over a couple of

So thats what the insolvency guys are charging ? Makes you wonder why there is so little money to go to the debtors ! ! ! ! ! :red card

When my old company went under the administrators took over a

It's crazy. Apparently the administration period is only meant to be for 12 months but these guys are petitioning for it to be extended to 5 years due to ongoing issues with nhbc and land bank.

They have already billed

How the hell do you justify rates of pay of that magnitude. No wonder ,when a company has to get administators in , they never seem to have the skill to re-float it again . Well I never heard of it happening anyway.

The company i used to work for has just gone into administration, a shame really. A lot of jobs lost here and in leicester. Some of you may know the firms EINW, AC2000, WATHES and ELECTRUM. Laid off 2/3 of the workforce, leaving 1/3 to finnish existing contracts and to see if theres a buyer out there.

Just had a statment in from KPMG relating to a company that went bang owing me a large wedge. headbang After a quick read and plenty of swearing I get to the back and find costs and fee's and it turns out we are selling ourselves a bit short guys.

Hourly rates are:

Director/Partner -

Just had a statment in from KPMG relating to a company that went bang owing me a large wedge. headbang After a quick read and plenty of swearing I get to the back and find costs and fee's and it turns out we are selling ourselves a bit short guys.

Hourly rates are:

Partner -

On a bit of lateral thinking here .......................

As the items installed have not been paid for , are you not able to go in and rip it all out ?

Surely at least that way you will have slight seconds that maybe can be of use to you at some point ? it wont get your money back but at least you will have items to reuse at somepoint ....................

I firm a used to work for had one of their customers go bang on them I was sent down in 7.5 ton to collect all our items supplied that we could possibley reuse (we supplied cut to length kitchen work tops), that bit of wording on an invoice that says " title of goods do not pass until paid for in full " can make alot of differance.

On a bit of lateral thinking here .......................As the items installed have not been paid for , are you not able to go in and rip it all out ?

Surely at least that way you will have slight seconds that maybe can be of use to you at some point ? it wont get your money back but at least you will have items to reuse at somepoint ....................

I firm a used to work for had one of their customers go bang on them I was sent down in 7.5 ton to collect all our items supplied that we could possibley reuse (we supplied cut to length kitchen work tops), that bit of wording on an invoice that says " title of goods do not pass until paid for in full " can make alot of differance.
Easy in theory, diificult in practice. There is something in law called a romalpa clause that covers it.

Unless you can prove that the units are yours & you have invoices both from yourself & your suppliers showing traceability & batch numbers, the administrators will not wear it.

Many years ago I nearly got arrested over a similar situation. A customer had gone bust, surprise surprise, shortly after taking in a large delivery from ourselves. When I went down some of our goods were still in the delivery bay unpacked with delivery notes from ouselves still attached. When I attempted to take these away on the assumption that title of the goods had reverted back to us, I was informed that unless each individual box had a batch number on it that was shown on the invoice & also the same from our supplier (the manufacture), I could not take the goods away & was threatened with arrest when I started to load them into my car. On advice from the company solicitor I walked away & we wrote off the debt.

Unfortunately not a typo gents, I even double checked to make sure.

Can't retrieve any material as it was mostly my time billed per job over about 40 different jobs doing repairs for them at various sites. Basically worked Dec, Jan and most of feb for free. They got 45 day from end of month and dec was a light month anyway with a couple of weeks of in there.

Money basically has to be written off now and a very sore lesson learned - the old one about eggs in baskets etc etc.

Easy in theory, diificult in practice. There is something in law called a romalpa clause that covers it.Unless you can prove that the units are yours & you have invoices both from yourself & your suppliers showing traceability & batch numbers, the administrators will not wear it.

Many years ago I nearly got arrested over a similar situation. A customer had gone bust, surprise surprise, shortly after taking in a large delivery from ourselves. When I went down some of our goods were still in the delivery bay unpacked with delivery notes from ouselves still attached. When I attempted to take these away on the assumption that title of the goods had reverted back to us, I was informed that unless each individual box had a batch number on it that was shown on the invoice & also the same from our supplier (the manufacture), I could not take the goods away & was threatened with arrest when I started to load them into my car. On advice from the company solicitor I walked away & we wrote off the debt.
Maybe a lesson to be learned , to make sure there is a paper trail especially when it comes to industrial and commercial ..............