I didnt know it was that easy

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A little knowledge can be a dangerous thing.

If the fuse trips (hell of a job - it's a 3036 re-wireable) - check the fuse in your plug top).

thats makes very little sense testing the appliance on another ring, if the appliance is faulty and takes out downstairs ring, why go to all the hassle of testing it in the upstairs ring and take out that fuse as well, either way, your goin to have to replace the fuse twice, but might as well keep it to the same circuit!

it would take ages to check all the plugs tops on a circuit by torch light, might need some spare batteries for it!

check the main switch when a fuse blows this will go to the off

position?

and yes he is talking about the main switch

I like the part where he says the switch may be in the off position! its a miracal if it was!

just watched the vid on how to re-set an MCB just to pick faults....

now if a fuse blows, you should check appliances before replacing fuse... but apparantly you dont need to do this to re-set a MCB 'fuse'

I like the part where he says the switch may be in the off position! its a miracal if it was!
that was my point step 4

this video was used by chelsea electrical fulham road

as an advertisement on there web site

i like this comment

'I had this problem when the lights in my kitchen blew. I know someone who is an electrician and he came out and said that there are too many lights downstairs ie lights with 4 or 5 bulbs hanging down. He decided to put a 15 amp wire in rather than a 5 amp. After seeing this video should I be worried that my house could go on fire?'

Was it me or is the CU rather black and sooty?!

Also it takes longer to explain how to get out of a car without showing your pants than it does to change a bit of fuse wire....................

Was it me or is the CU rather black and sooty?!Also it takes longer to explain how to get out of a car without showing your pants than it does to change a bit of fuse wire....................
That girl kept smiling at me Paddy should I be worried.

:)