I thought Steps had turned up this morning!!!!

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Evans Electric

TEF LINUX ADMIN™
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm sure that like most areas, we all get loads of tatters /totters/Rag 'n Bone men coming round every day .

Round here we get a combination of trumpet blowing , one even plays a tune, theres a pedestrian preceding the van , shouting, or another bellowing through a megaphone from the passenger seat.

This morning we hear the recorded music to Steptoe & Son, getting louder as it approaches .

Had to stop myself from dashing out shouting "Hey Albert, its me,.... Deke"

Great idea with the music though. :C

I did a job for my sister in Nottingham a couple of years back and was plagued by mostly Romanians looking for scrap, at least once or twice a day, another poor fella was working across the road one day and they called to him after me, but he had nipped out to the shop and they lifted all his power tools from inside the house.

Im not immune to buying some stuff in the pub so to speak,

but to buy knock off tools is to take the food from a baby,

think about it.

without tools how can a man feed his family.?

lowest of the low.

---------- Post Auto-Merged 23rd June 2011 at 00:03 ---------- Previous post was made 22nd June 2011 at 23:39 ----------

People that lifted the power tools legs need their knee caps smashed in. I apologise if that sounds offensive to people on here, but a majority of the law abiding public in this country have had enough.AndyGuinness
to put a point to this,

and this in NO WAY advocates the actions,

when I was growing up and working NORN IRON this didnt happen, (and old people were safe to walk the streets as well)

OK, the boss paid his money, but your gear was always safe, NO-ONE touched it.

and if they did you had it back the next day along with an apology and some cash.!

its still pretty much like that TBH, its just changed its face.

btw ZEE, that often happened, NOT nice to witness, they sometimes done it at the site to prove the point that they did what they were paid to do. :|

Well they may not be pure , clean living, whiter than white church goers but they've certainly increased as the price of scrap metal went up . They also do the "Raiders of the Lost Skip" thing but I suppose it gives you more room for your stuff in there.

We just replaced a cheapo crappy vacuum cleaner with a "Henry" , put the crappy one on the grass verge..... gone within an hour .

I can't use the council tip for commercial stuff so anything metal , I just leave outside on the verge , its soon gone .

Latest posts