If you look closely you might spot something here...

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Phoenix

Reaction score
canyouspotit.jpg

No property was built in 1999, and no electrical work carried out since, come house sale time a PIR was requested... it did cross my mind if others on the estate are like that, I'm hoping not, but I'll never get to find out!

what are the main issues, the ones that i can spot are...

*located close to the celing

*live exposed buzz bar pins

*heavy loads are furthest away from the incoming tails

What have I missed....???

what are the main issues, the ones that i can spot are... *located close to the celing i dont have a problem with c/u against the ceiling, i have fitted both our c/u to the close ceiling line, here at home, and no issues to date, have also replaced customer c/u and fitted near to ceiling in the past depends on the location of fuse board,

*live exposed buzz bar pins yes i agree it could be a bit naughty, but the main bar isnt exposed so i wouldnt really say to much about that especially as its not exposed when the covers fitted

*heavy loads are furthest away from the incoming tails i do try and keep heaviest loads towards the tails but the setup of the c/u doesnt really allow this in this instance, but yes its best practice to keep as near to tails as poss,

What have I missed....???
Swapped LIVE AND NEUTRAL CONDUCTOR in top of left hand RCD unit ;)

the main RCD on the left looks ok to me, as the live is the conductor being switched.
But where does the Nuetral Bar connect to on that RCD?

Its the opposite side to the main switch at the other end

So it would have been reverse polarity for all the RCD protected circuits.

:innocent

Yup, reversed polarity on the RCD side of the board.

Not keen on the positioning of the Db as its above a kitchen cupboard and hard to reach, but meh

Not keen on the cooker hood direct off a lighting MCB without separate isolation for servicing

Busbar tabs, I don't have a major problem with, I always use din rail blanks in the boards I installed, but the cover mounted blanks in this board seemed a sound fit (and I dont think hager boards tend to have the plastic caps on the busbar tabs)

Heavest loads are closest to the 'start' of the busbar, its just the way this DB is layed out that makes it look weird as the heaviest loads end up at each side next to the isolator and RCD

1/

I am more concerned about that little bit of flowery boarder paper to the left of the CU below the coving! :eek: :O:O

2/

And surely the coving could have been cut more neatly around the CU rather than them ugly open ended bits either side!? :_| :_|

3/

I wish you blokes would stop taking photos of my work!!!!!!!!X( X( :red card

ROTFWLROTFWLROTFWLROTFWLROTFWL

what does that word mean spelt..

P - O - L - A - R - I - T - Y ?:| :Blushing

Did it have a certificate & tested label? ?:|

I always take the busbar pan assembly out of a board when I install it, but saying that, shouldn't have really needed to disconnect the links to the RCD on that board

I often dismantle all the guts out of a board when assembling it......But still check Polarity when joint it all back up again! ;)
Aye, its obvious that no testing was carried out upon completion you'd discover the fault when you attmpted to do a a loop test on an affected circuit!

Still... it was the good days, and the most common test was the bang test ;)