In loft contactor for shower

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't mind not having a brew, most of the places I've been it would have had to be a special brew. 

:vomit

One old lady made a tea and some nice chocolate cake, she insisted I sit by the open fire on a cold winters day... very nice it was too! :D

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't mind not having a brew, most of the places I've been it would have had to be a special brew. 

:vomit

One old lady made a tea and some nice chocolate cake, she insisted I sit by the open fire on a cold winters day... very nice it was too! :D
Many moons ago I went to a job one Saturday morning, council,

They must had a party the night before, I had to step over bodies and cans to get through the hallway, turned out I knew one ofthe girls that was barely alive in the kitchen, 

I rang my mate about 5 hours later to come and drive me home, :D

Well thanks to all for the replies but I am still none the wiser about my original question

@GeoffRCAs Pewter says yes it is possible.

You could fit a contactor with a remote switch but this would require some indication devise for on/off so a neon switch or pull cord. You could terminate the 10mm cables into a DOL starter switch and even have a thermal overload rated at the showers amperage.

There are always going to be problems with any kind of set up like this, whilst the regulations state local isolation, or remote isolation, the remote isolation should be capable of being secured in an open position, this would normally mean a lock off design.

Most electricians are reluctant to work on any equipment that they cannot be sure is isolated properly, so for maintenance, disconnection within the distribution board, or a lockout kit may be required.

I recently did an install in a factory that the owner wanted one point of isolation by the door for all the power. I fitted contactors and a key switch by the door. he leaves at the end of the day and all lights and sockets are turned off with one flick of a switch.

Also from recent posts I would suggest that if you get an electrician in to do the work for you, make them a cup of tea or coffee and get some biscuits!!

Also from recent posts I would suggest that if you get an electrician in to do the work for you, make them a cup of tea or coffee and get some biscuits!!

yes, it would appear as though some people are not capable of looking after themselves and need someone else to make them drinks / food

Latest posts