IS THE TAXMAN AFTER YOU???

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

markpryor

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I thought I would start a new thread that has been mentioned on here 2 weeks ago

No if I was, I would be looking forward to a nice pension in the near future. The guys from HMRC dealing with the campaign live in Dorset. Bit to far to drive from home (West Wales) each day!

Informative post but they can shove it. Scaremongering is all it is. Bloody civil servants trying to justify their ridiculous pay scales and fat pensions! Don't go after the hard working tradesman - go after the pikeys who haven't paid a days tax in their lives! They make me sick!

Why is it that they can find the resources to investigate thousands of tradespersons yet have to do deals that cost the tax payer millions if not billions of unpaid tax with large corporate businesses as they dont have the resource to investigate these fraudsters??

Is it because we're the soft easy target.

Well take a walk, there's no unpaid tax here.

Hi

My amnesty letter came this morning.....two days after George dropped the rich guys tax by 5% with more to follow. :Applaud

My invitation came this morning

However I was particularly touched by the line ' even if you do pay your tax's correctly you may know someone who doesn't and you can also report them'

So if any of you guys are too shy il pass your name on to them for you :cool:

Or

We could all report somebody and hopefully they will be so busy checking all these reports they'll will forget about the real sparks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Why is it that they can find the resources to investigate thousands of tradespersons yet have to do deals that cost the tax payer millions if not billions of unpaid tax with large corporate businesses as they dont have the resource to investigate these fraudsters??Is it because we're the soft easy target.
We are an easy target because we (those of us that do certs & notify) leave a paper trail for them to follow.

My old man said when part P came out "that'll be a way for the tax bean counters to follow & harras tradesmen" I thought he was talking tosh......

I can tell you I am fed up to the back teeth with them they send me a letter saying I have mispaid tax on an employee in 2007 its then my job to get my accountant to look back through books some 5 years previous to prove I don't owe it they even threaten you with bailiffs and after all this I don't owe it. This is why I pay an accountant

QUESTION

if I have someone do a job for me do I have to go down the CIS route?

I mean as in work where I am already working for someone.

Ive got conflicting views on this.

QUESTIONif I have someone do a job for me do I have to go down the CIS route?

I mean as in work where I am already working for someone.

Ive got conflicting views on this.
Steps don't argue with yourself, were you not taught that a problem shared is a problem halved. Pray tell:innocent

Last edited by a moderator:
All depends who's paying his wages steps if you are paying him you are responsible for his tax. If who you are contracting too is paying his wages then they will take his tax.