Job Started Today

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice one mate but the stickers are crooked :)
Only Slightly, next time i'm there, i'll put the switchfuse on the p*** so that they look okay :slap

James, Tell EXACTLY how you tried to upload those attachments.

There is only one way that they won't work, but I can't remember what it was. :_|

James, Tell EXACTLY how you tried to upload those attachments.There is only one way that they won't work, but I can't remember what it was. :_|
Well the last couple of uploads I did, I had the same problem, but found deleting it in the post and then uploading again worked.

I put it down to maybe not allowing enough time for the upload to be processed through the server before posting.

Only a thought, but it has done it each time I post straight after upload.

I browse files, select the upload.

The EXACT way that you did it please Steve and James.

IE: Quick reply / Full editor reply, what buttons you pressed.

I did find this once, but I can't for the life of me remember. I do believe it is in a thread here already, but I am unable to look for it now. :_|

Many thanks for woring with me on this.

This is how I have been doing it.

1. Quick Reply.

2. Select Insert Image.

3. Select From Computer.

4. Select Files.

5. Choose open file.

6. Select File.

7. Upload (in bottom right corner it says basic uploader)

OS Windows 7, Browser Chrome.

Same as me, except im on Vista using internet explorer, but same upload method

Although saying that, I may have tried uploading in the advanced post bit after I failed hopelessly the first 6 millions times :shakehead

Last edited by a moderator:
nice earth bucket.jpg

Test

I have just copied your procedure and mine appears to have worked OK. The picture appears has a thumbnail rather than the written link.

Are you sure there is something you may have done differently?

View attachment 3814

Test

Well I have tried it a few times and get different results, the first shows a thumbnail and yet the subsequent tests show the attachment link.

Can anyone see those links I have posted? Please let me know.

Last edited by a moderator:
View attachment 3817

View attachment 3817

Test 4

---------- Post Auto-Merged at 14:23 ---------- Previous post was made at 14:21 ----------

Strange things

---------- Post Auto-Merged at 14:26 ---------- Previous post was made at 14:23 ----------

OK I think I have got to the bottom of this problem.

The first time I tested after the image was uploaded the reply changed automatically from quick reply to advanced.

The upload then showed as a thumbnail.

All the testing done afterwards stayed on the quick reply board and did not automatically change to advanced, thus the attachments remained as link files.

---------- Post Auto-Merged at 14:27 ---------- Previous post was made at 14:26 ----------

Test 5