Just found some of my old school reports from the early 70s

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I blame the primary school you went too, they must have instilled this attitude in you? 
Funny that you should say that.....same school😂😂😂

did 4-8 years old at local infants then went here when I was 8-18

and no, it wasn't a private school ( it is now) it was the old Grammar entrance exam and 11 plus

I always knew those Grammar schools put out a certain type of person, those with their own mind. Sadly the schools of today just put out wind bags with no substance. 

The school report was used as a weapon  by certain teachers  .....a poor report  will "follow you throughout your life  every time you go for a job it will be there  "      

They also talked of a BLACK BOOK  into which went the names of all transgressors  of school  discipline . 

This was the days of boys only secondary  school , marching ,  attention  ,at ease  , no talking ,  use  of the cane  on your hand or arse   ,  (  Advisory note:   Go for the hand)   .  Certain teacher stored up punishable  crimes  until the gym class  when you were in shorts ,   there were  gym pumps with numbers painted on them  and the dreaded order was  " Fetch me a size 10  boy!!"   

I never heard of anyone being asked to produce a school report in my life .   The BLACK BOOK was obviously a load of ballcocks .  

I'll  have a look at what school stuff I still have .  

The buildings  behind were the   Bill Switchgear factory   , then not really clear ,  Tufnol ,  then the George Ellison factory  .     Many kids went into  switchgear building  & draughtsmen  at  Bill  or  Ellison ,  others went to prison  and a couple even  started the Heavy Metal Music  era . 

Birchfield Rd School  Perry Barr.jpg

sabb03.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
A grammar school education was well and truly wasted on me. 
well after giving some thought to education for boys I conclude it is a total waste of time, despite boys out performing girls generally. 
my reasoning is simple, once a boy falls romantically for a girl, he is told what he can do, what he can’t do, what he should do and what he shouldn’t do, what he does right, what he does wrong, what he knows and what he doesn’t know. 

so what’s the point in education? See current wife for explanation :C  

Long story short

Uni in mid 70s

sailed through year one as it was same as my ONC

year 2 was a lot harder

fell in love with a little blonde

failed year 2

repeated year 2...same result..........I blame the blonde

celebrtaed our 40th wedding anniversary last month
Excellent example of my theory. 🤜🤛